• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Dress sizes

cybill

Gold Member
S: 21st11lb C: 18st9lb G: 11st3lb BMI: 38.5 Loss: 3st2lb(14.43%)
I tend to lose almost 2 inches per stone (roughly), which is approximately a dress size, although it doesn't all seem to go evenly. I've now lost 7 stone, which for me has been 12 inches from my waist, 11 inches from my bust and 9 inches from my hips. At the moment, each part of me equates to a totally different dress size, but c'est la vie. I'm hoping it will all work itself out when I get to goal, and if not, I have plenty of large clothes which I can cut up and make into new clothes that fit!

S: 17st4lb C: 16st9lb G: 11st6lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 0st9lb(3.72%)
So ive been told, from about size 16 downwards its about 10lbs a size :) Roughly works about that, but obv the bigger you are the more you need to lose to make a diff.

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
S: 10st5lb C: 9st13lb G: 9st4lb BMI: 23.1 Loss: 0st6lb(4.14%)
That's it for me between 10lbs and a stone = one size, which means 7lbs is about half a size and once I hit 7lbs off it's noticeable x

Mojorock

S: 9st5lb C: 8st12lb G: 8st2lb Loss: 0st7lb(5.34%)
I'm defo i 1 stone per dress size.

a lot of my friends seem to go down a dress size per 10lbs, but i just think it really depends on your body

some people will need to loose less to benefit from going down a dress size as they exercise more, and the fat turns to muscle, meaning your weight may not drop down but your dress size may!!

xxx

It also depends on the manufacturer and the cut of their clothes. I'm already a 12 in M&S (yes, they are generous sizes) and my size 14 Next jeans have been baggy pretty much since I got them, but their 12s are weirdly FAR too tight, and seem more like an 11 (if there was such a thing!).

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
I can't get my head around sizings at all, saw somebody a few days ago say they were a size 12 and they were 20lbs plus heavier than me and I'm a size 12... Not sure if they mean what they used to at all! I'd go by the clothes I already own and how they fit now!x

I also can't get my head around sizes! Think it really does depend on which shop and what type of material! Saying that I have lost just over a stone since Feb and have gone down a size (from 20 to 18) and since I have started regular exercise even a size 18 is starting to get a bit loose even though my weight has stayed pretty much the same! So I think it is also to do with exercise/muscle etc. I'm hoping for a dress size down per stone from now on though :)

One thing I've really got to unlearn is the bad habit of buying something in a certain size just because in my head I think I am that size, or don't want the shame of having something of a larger size in my wardrobe. I've got to accept that in some shops I'm a 12, in others a 14, in others a 16 and just get what fits!! Even 'thin' people have this problem, but I don't know why I'm so ashamed of larger sizes to the point of cutting out the labels.

<slaps self>

*18)

tealight23 said:
One thing I've really got to unlearn is the bad habit of buying something in a certain size just because in my head I think I am that size, or don't want the shame of having something of a larger size in my wardrobe. I've got to accept that in some shops I'm a 12, in others a 14, in others a 16 and just get what fits!! Even 'thin' people have this problem, but I don't know why I'm so ashamed of larger sizes to the point of cutting out the labels.

<slaps self>
Cutting out the labels- I do this too! :-(

cybill

Gold Member
S: 21st11lb C: 18st9lb G: 11st3lb BMI: 38.5 Loss: 3st2lb(14.43%)
Remember your height will make a difference too, so a taller person will probably have to lose more weight per dress size. Equally someone who weighs 12 stone, and is 6ft tall will be a much smaller dress size then someone who is 5ft and weighs the same.

wkdstepmum

Silver Member
Yeah absolutely height counts, the person I saw was the same height as me, 20something pounds difference and a size 12! Makes you wonder what these shops are doing, sizes definitely aren't standard! But tape measures are :)x

Divalicious

Silver Member
S: 22st5lb C: 15st5lb G: 12st8lb BMI: 30.8 Loss: 7st0lb(31.31%)
I just get so frustrated with the size thing, am definitely a smaller size in dresses than jeans. I loses lot of weight from my small top than tummy grrrr! Yesterday I managed to squeeze myself into a size 34D bra, hanger had said 36C (bloody George!).

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins