Dress sizes....

toxicsgrl

Gold Member
ive now lost 16lbs in 2 weeks, and can sort of feel my clothes getting a little looser, so im just wondering, when someone as big as me (started at 29st7lb) loses weight, when will i drop a dress size? i heard it was a size per stone but i dont think that applies to someone as heavy as myself.

anyone have any experience in this? would love to get out of 30/32 and into 28 again!!

Hey toxicsgrl, can't say for sure about yourself but I think that rule applies from size 18 and below, I'm currently a big 20 size (somethings a bit tight) and it will take me 1.5st - 2st to drop to a comfortable 18 (where nothing's uncomfortable or digs) I think although it's no science that it would be around the same for you, maybe towards the higher end? Always worthwhile measuring yourself and looking up what measurements your retailers use for their sizing as in my opinion some retailers are more forgiving than others!
Aside from that I'm not even considering new clothes until I lose some significant weight! I'll be either be getting into old clothes I got too big for or making do with what I currently have and having to look a bit shapeless for a few months! Wow am I going to be glam!:)

hahaha lol me too! baggy mcscraggy here too until ive lost a noticeable amount, maybe another 3 or 4 stone. ive got clothes that ive out grown or bought but not fitted into and kept, so thankfully i wont be naked for 6 months!

Hi, firstly well done on your weight loss so far.

When I started out I was a size 26, sometimes a 28 on the bottom. After losing 13.5lbs I have found the 28 is way too big and the 26 is loose. Now my 24's are fitting without being too tight but I think it will take another stone or so before they are completely comfortable.

My friend was a similar size to me to begin with and dropped dress sizes much more quickly in relation to stones lost once she got down to a 18/20.

Hope this helps :)

Im a 20 on top and 22 bottom and 19 stone - my experience is that at 17 stone I start getting into 18s and another 2stone off to get into 16s - especially non plus size shops ie New Look.

but after one stone off (18 stone) I do start to fit in to 18s in places like Evans, Dotty Ps, Next

however, everything depends on fit! Things that have zips sewn in and boning tend to take more weighloss as they are not forgiving!

Have you ever tried an Evans clothes that are designed for shape - I bought a dress which was fitted for an hour glass, it had a zip and did say if you are the right shape you can go down up to 2 dress sizes, I was well chuffed walking out the shop with a 16, but I do know thats not really reality :p

For me it seems 2st per dress size, but as I have a 'mum tum' from three chidren, I need stretchy middles on trousers as I fnd the legs, bum and hips fit, but the tum does'nt. x

Back