Dress sizes

I'm chuffed to bits that I've lost 1 stone and 7.5 pounds on SW in just 8 weeks, and I'm always full up - I'm really enjoying myself!

But I just wondered when I'd start to really notice a difference in my clothes? I was wearing a size 18 top and size 20 trousers and I'm still in all my old clothes - I've not had a need to buy anything new at all! They do fit better and perhaps I was squeezing myself in clothes that were a bit small but I thought I would have gone down a size by now! When did you start dropping down sizes?

Well done so far. Our consultant says that you go down a dress size with every stone you lose, but I think it's different for everyone. I didn't seem to need new clothes for ages, then suddenly I was in a 12 rather than a 16. I do think you have a point when you say maybe the clothes we start our diet journey in may have been a bit tight! And it's a little while before we realise that they have gone from more comfy to saggy! Just look forward to having a whole new wardrobe by Christmas.

I think the drops down are slower to start with, the smaller you get the less it takes to drop a dress size.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm 1.3 down and my jeans are loose but I tried on a size down dress I had and whilst it did fit it looked bad I'm hoping when i get to 1.5 or 2 I will be down a full size in all clothes.

I'm 1st 3lbs down and am yet to properly drop a size - 14's are feeling really loose though!

It took me over 2 stone before I could get into smaller clothes, the internal fat around your organs is the first to go, am now in 14's and nearly 12's.

Great thread idea, I hadn't thought about this!

I'm hoping to drop 2 stone and a dress size by Christmas ideally! Although I'm not sure how much I'll notice it as I wear leggings and dresses most of the time so it may take while to realise!

I've lost nearly 3 stone and haven't really dropped a size. I'm very curvy though so my boobs and bum rule the roost and neither of them have shrunk a tiny bit whilst my waist and tummy have gone. I think ill really start to see the weight go over the next stone, and my dress size *should* drop!!! I am around a 16-18 on bottom and a 12-14 on top. I used to be at my smallest a 12-14 on bottom and a 10. On top so there's a lot to go yet, and that was when I was 11 stone so its only just 2 stone away so ill really start to notice it. I've got all my old clothes from before I gained weight so will be using them as a reference as I don't really own anything non stretchy of baggy apart from these :)

Haha! I totally know what you mean. But it is so individual. 'They' say that it is about 1 dress size per stone, but for me, I'm a 10 at 10stone and a 14/16 at 11 stone.

I've lost 3 stone and went from a 14 top to a 10 top and 16 bottom to 12 and occasionally 10.
So 1.5 stone per dress size for me!

I managed to fit into a size 12 pair of Next jeans today!!! 1st 3lbs for me it would seem!

For me it usually takes 2 stone before I can even consider a size down. My clothes feel much better though but still buying size 18's for any new items.

It took me 2 stones to drop from a 16 to a 14! Seemed to take ages to drop a dress size, can't wait to see a size 12 in my wardrobe again!!

Before I got pregnant i was 1.5lbs away from my 4 stone award and only than was i starting to see a difference in my clothes getting looser. I think its also about where you are heaviest, most of my weight is on my tummy so i tend to lose weight everywhere else and than the tummy so most of my clothes were loose everywhere apart from my tummy!

It also depends on your height I think.
I'm really short and find I lose dress sizes quite quicky. When I lost weight before at 15st I was a size 20/22 at 10st I was a small 12 large 10.
The worst one is 16 to 14, where I am now, taking ages!

I found that when I first started I dropped 3 dress sizes really quickly. Now 5 months and 4 stone later I'm still in a size 18!! It will happen, it's just frustrated waiting for it!!

Back