DRESS SIZES

cyprusbride

Hi a wee question again. I know everyone is different but can anyone give me a wee idea of how quickly you change sizes? Is is for every stone you loose you drop a size or does it happen quicker? Ive seen some loely clothes and seem to have found my mojo so would like to try and help it stay there by buying some clothes for my friends hen weekend to benidorm in june, well 4 weeks 2day we go.
xx

I think you would be better of waiting nearer the time before you go shopping for new clothes. I went mad and bought lots of stuff before i went on holis there couple weeks ago and half the stuff is too big on me now. Ive lost 3stone and can have gone from 26 to 22 on bottom and 24 to 18 on top if thats and help to you.
Hope you have a fab time.
becky xx

For me its more like 2 stones a dress size:( I'm a size 14 and have not budged a dress size in the last stone and a half. The size 14 is just starting to get baggier, so I'm hoping the next half a stone will see me at goal....my ultimate goal was a size 12!!

Just to give you an idea i am 5'6" and weighed 15st 6lbs and was a very tight 18 indeed, even a 20 on the top, i have now lost 2st 7lbs and am a very comfortable 16 (or a generous 14) on the bottom and a 14/16 top depending on where i buy stuff.

i would wait and buy stuff as your body shape seems to change so quickly x

It really is difficult to say how quickly your shape will change.

I started as a size 18/20, and was STILL in my size 18 jeans after having lost 2 stone, then in the past month I've lost a third stone and have gone down to a size 14!.

I was literally in my size 16 jeans for 2 weeks.

Now, I know I'm not going to be a 12 for a while yet - I'd say at least another stone/stone and a half, but I really can't be certain.

I'd wait until the week before your hols to get your clothes, as you really can't predict when or where you will lose those inches.

Hello.... I have lost about 2 stone - gone down 4 dress sizes - started at size 22/24 now to a size 16. Every week, my cloths get looser! 2 Weeks ago my size 16 jeans with tight, now they are much looser!! :( TOOO MUCH MONEY IS BEING WASTED ON NEW CLOTHES that fit me for a week!!

HAHA! :D

iv lost 18lb and not gone down any sizes. im a size 22/24 =[ but its totm so maybe in a couple more weeks lol its only week one lol

I started out as a size 18 top and bottom, tops fit, trousers were a loose fit but 16s were way too restrictive. I am now in a 16 top and bottom, but the trousers are definitely starting to feel loose tops are just comfortable, I dont think I am ready for a 14 trousers yet, but hopefully it wont be too long :)

When I started I was 21st 13lb and a tight 26/28 on top and 26/30 on the bottom. I've lost 5 stone and have just bought a size 18 designer dress that goes on but doesn't do up (well it was in the sale from 119.00 to a tenner!) that I am hoping will fit in 10 days time for my nephews christening. My current swimsuit is a speedo size 20 (not genourously cut!) I have bought a few new clothes along the way and even managed to miss some stuff that was too tight one week and then when I tried it on a couple of weeks later it felt huge! So beware buying too early!

Fantastic weight losses. I'm 5'4" and finding dress size per stone. I would recommend scouring the charity shops whilst you are still losing weight. I've picked up loads of things there for only a few pounds and when they stop fitting i just donate them back again!!

thanks for the replies peeps. I was thinking along the lines of if I buy a few clothes at a ize id like to be then it might motivate me more but I think I will ttake your advice and wait until nearer the time xxx

Back