dressing my New shape :/

cat yoyo greaves

Gold Member
Anyone else struggling to dress their new shape .... I am :( any tips

Kayleehollie said:
Hi, what shape are you? x
Ps I've learnt the hard way that elasticated waists are nobody's friend!

I dont really know to be honest i just used to have no waist was Same size all way down with added fat rolls and now i actually have a curve to my body i find i still tend to go for baggy shapeless clothes even when i try to get something a bit more figure hugging

Do you mind me asking your measurements?
I know it's hard to get out of the thing of oh that wont look good and can't wear that! Also where do you like to shop? x

Kayleehollie said:
Do you mind me asking your measurements?
I know it's hard to get out of the thing of oh that wont look good and can't wear that! Also where do you like to shop? x

Im at work so unable to measure myself but im a charity shop girl mainly and have had some lovely bits and pieces xxx im in some 12s some 14s

cat yoyo greaves said:
Im at work so unable to measure myself but im a charity shop girl mainly and have had some lovely bits and pieces xxx im in some 12s some 14s

I just tend to dress Quite conservatively but i prob could make necklines Lower and skirts and dresses shorter i am only 26 after all
But when i was a size 20 it was all about covering up and when i did west anything remotely figure hugging i had to wear slimming knickers and other shapewear

A lower neckline is defo better if you bigger busted, if you only 26 then get your legs out! Get a body con on, they are actually really flattering with the right underwear! Skater dresses are a really flattering cut makes your waist look really small! Or you can go baggy but I'd your wearing say a big jumper or top make sure you wear it with skinnys x

Kayleehollie said:
A lower neckline is defo better if you bigger busted, if you only 26 then get your legs out! Get a body con on, they are actually really flattering with the right underwear! Skater dresses are a really flattering cut makes your waist look really small! Or you can go baggy but I'd your wearing say a big jumper or top make sure you wear it with skinnys x
I have started wearing leggings Alot as i can now but always with a long top

I do like skinny jeans too .... Have a few pairs
Its tops i get stuck with im long bodied top which makes it more difficult as normal length tops show too much tummy (its full of crepe paper skin and stretchmarks since pregnant with my son)

I will look at bodycon dresses i always worry they wont look good on me

Go into a shop that you like and ask the assistant for advice. You still don't have to buy anything there if it's too expensive!

Patchninja said:
Go into a shop that you like and ask the assistant for advice. You still don't have to buy anything there if it's too expensive!

Was debating about a personal shopper as they are Free at debenhams i think

I know the feeling! Think it's partly that I still have this image in my head of me looking bigger than I actually do, so immediately discount the clothes that are more fitted as I think they'll show everything but end up making myself look bigger than I am if that makes sense?!

I'm hopeless shopping by myself anyway so may take someone with me in a few weeks time and have a proper shopping splurge!

emmie251980 said:
I know the feeling! Think it's partly that I still have this image in my head of me looking bigger than I actually do, so immediately discount the clothes that are more fitted as I think they'll show everything but end up making myself look bigger than I am if that makes sense?!

I'm hopeless shopping by myself anyway so may take someone with me in a few weeks time and have a proper shopping splurge!

Im just sticking to charity shops at mo ...once i get to goal i will spend some money on new but just dont have the money to keep replacing my wardrobe :/

I've used the personal shopper facility at Debenhams and it was absolutely brilliant, I'm good at shopping for others but when it comes to me I'm really bad, the ps knew exactly what would suit my shape and I bought the dress but bought my accessories cheaper in other shops

Back