Drinking on Xante

Andrea5867

My daughter started Exante with me yesterday as she has around a stone to lose
Shes doing 3 packs a day and feeling great but theres a problem
She picked the run-up to the Spring Bank holiday because she had nothing planned in the way of nights out
Now some friends have invited her out on Saturday and she really doesn't want to say no
I know its easy to say don't drink, but the reality is she's young and will end up having a few drinks
She's fully aware it may slow down her weight loss but is a bit worried about what to do on the day and the risks of drinking on Exante
Should she still have three packs as normal or would she be better having a couple and a meal - shes terrified of drinking on so few calories
Any advice would be welcome
As for me, I'm nearly through day two and feeling great - seem to remember day three being the worst but no signs yet
Thanks
Andrea

there is a sticky link above here called the dangers of drinking whilst in ketosis, or something like that - have a read through that.

If she is going to drink, she must eat something. I have learned the hard way that even adding a meal on the day that the drink is going to be consumed doesn't help with the effect the alcohol has - it is more pronounced - ie I cant drink like I used to ! and the hangover was the worst in the world. Easier said than done, but it is only one night and I would give it a miss - it really is not worth it in my experience!!

Alcohol affecting her losses is quite honestly the least of her problems. Drinking when in ketosis can be downright dangerous. People have ended up very I'll and some even in hospital. If she plans on drinking she needs to eat carbs and ensure shes totally out of ketosis

As above.

I am not being funny but if she only has a stone to lose and is young can she not try weight watchers? Where she can still drink, well drink daily if she wanted too, aslong as it's within her points. :)

Drinking is bad in ketosis..If it was my daughter i would be doing my utmost to put her off.. Or maybe if she only has a stone to lose maybe using the packs and having a sensible meal each day might be a better option for her.. I have 22 and 18 year olds myself so know how easy they give into the alcohol scene lol..I would be very worried if i had a young daughter out drinking whilst ketosis.

Your her mum so you will know what is best for her as you know her personality..But there is nothing like a bit of peer pressure to lead her astray xxx

Thanks everyone - great advice and you've all repeated my concerns
I'm hoping she decides its not worth it for one night after reading everything you have put
She has around 22 lbs to lose so wants something to kickstart the loss - shes only doing this for 2 weeks maximum and will be reintroducing food on the second week - its just that the initial 7lb loss boosts her and gives her the confidence to go on
The 14lbs is a mini target for her holiday
Thanks again x

She might just end up gaining it all back again when she eats normally, This diet requires you to introduce slowly over a few months. Don't want her feeling disheartened.

Show her this thread :)

I have drank in ketosis before, and tbh it wasn't what its cracked up to be, you just have to be much more careful of how much you do drink because it will affect you more obviously, and you need to make sure you drink a lot more water, I had a JD and coke zero last Saturday and I still lost 14lbs that week, it hasn't made me feel ill or anything, in fact I felt great enough to go cycling on the Sunday.

just giving my 2 cents :) I don't think its dangerous, especially in moderation, each to their own though...

Indeed as you say but I'll stick with what the experts have said and avoid a trip to hospital or the indignity of being Ill in public.

We do have to remember tho that as people don't have exante Councellors etc many people use minimins as their source for queries and as such we should be careful its made clear what the official advice is. Especially when it comes to peoples health and well being Dunno about you but I'd hate someone to go out and drink because they heard on here it was ok and end up in hospital as a result

We do have to remember tho that as people don't have exante Councellors etc many people use minimins as their source for queries and as such we should be careful its made clear what the official advice is. Especially when it comes to peoples health and well being Dunno about you but I'd hate someone to go out and drink because they heard on here it was ok and end up in hospital as a result

Of course!!! I am not asking for it to be made a sticky or anything, nor am I encouraging it, just saying from my own personal experiences that I haven't found any detrimental effects from it but the minute I do I shall be sure to add a post to that danger thread :p

Of course!!! I am not asking for it to be made a sticky or anything, nor am I encouraging it, just saying from my own personal experiences that I haven't found any detrimental effects from it but the minute I do I shall be sure to add a post to that danger thread :p

Please be careful sweety, might be ok now but another time you may become very ill :eek:

In reference to what u said Aaron I think it's great it doesn't affect you but to say it's not dangerous in moderation is misleading for others. That is your experience and its great but not everyone is so lucky.

As for wether your daughter should or should not be on the diet I won't comment on cos she's capable of making that decision herself and if she feels this will kickstart her weightloss good for her :) my friend done a vlcd with under 2 stone to lose, she done 2 weeks TS then moved up the plans gradually til she was having her 1500 cals a day. I always thought it was only people with a lot to lose that went to this extreme but it worked for her. as for drinking in ketosis I'd follow the guidelines, come out of ketosis first and make sensible choices. it's just not worth taking the risk. Some people do and find they are ok with drink and ketosis but some people just aren't that lucky xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I find if I have a couple of drinks I'm ok I get a buzz n don't feel sick and I know it's wrong but drinking is my weak point n I hate myself after I do it:(

Last month I decided to ignore ketosis and go out in leicester square(central London) and even though I had a mini burger before I headed out, I drank far too much at happy hour and not only i made a complete tit out of myself but i was Hungover for 3 days as my body simply could not handle it!! I felt dreadful, so I would def say never have more then 2-4 drinks if u really feel like u want to let u hair down.

restart 04/05/11 week 1 = 9 stones 7

Back