• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ€βšΎβš½ Emojis and more.. Read more

Drinks question please...

Catscratch

I can do this..
S: 14st5lb C: 13st9lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 34.9 Loss: 0st10lb(4.98%)
flavourings

I don't know, new to this as well, I have another drinks question, has anyone had the flavourings? I'm finding it difficult to drink enough water so wondered if the flavourings were worth trying?

Shelliewoo83

Silver Member
S: 17st12lb C: 16st2lb G: 12st2lb Loss: 1st10lb(9.6%)
I've brought a tub of the blackcurrent flavouring, but have yet to start. I was gonna add hot water to them I have in the evening

Catscratch

I can do this..
Sounds like a good idea, I get fed up of just plain water, wondered if they tasted ok, I am just about to place an order and if they get good reports am going to try them.

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
S: 17st0.0lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 6st4lb(36.97%)
Green tea with mint is fine. I am happy with plain fizzy water but others say the Exante ones have lots of carbs; It might be worth checking it out.

GSQ

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
S: 17st2lb C: 16st5lb G: 14st12lb BMI: 32.9 Loss: 0st11lb(4.58%)
I got the bumper pack of water flavourings and have so far tried the blackcurrent one, had it with fizzy water and it was a bit odd... maybe better with hot water!
I think we're supposed to steer clear of drinks with lemon in, so green tea with mint would be fine but green tea with lemon not, I guess.

Catscratch

I can do this..
Thanks, may give the flavours a miss for now, I drink mainly sparkling water and if it's not too good with that then I'm not too sure.

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
The blackcurrent one reminded me a bit of the packs you get for treating cystitis! :eek:
Will try the peach and orange ones over the next couple of days and let you know if they're any better!

Getslimquick

Been liberated by Exante!
S: 17st0.0lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 25.7 Loss: 6st4lb(36.97%)
LastEverDiet said:
I got the bumper pack of water flavourings and have so far tried the blackcurrent one, had it with fizzy water and it was a bit odd... maybe better with hot water!
I think we're supposed to steer clear of drinks with lemon in, so green tea with mint would be fine but green tea with lemon not, I guess.
Yes avoid lemon. It's the citric acid which causes havoc apparently.
GSQ

Apparently the exante water flavourings have a high carb content, not good silly exante! So a glass or 2 a day using the flavouring would be ok just dont drink too much.

The cambridge water flavourings are much better carb wise. If you have a cambridge diet consellor near you then you could always ask if they would sell you some water stuff.
I asked (and others on here have) my nearest cdc and she sells me water flavourings :D

If you're bored of plain water then you could try the tesco still apple or the strawberry as these are allowed. The apple one is yummy.

stephie77

Silver Member
S: 17st6lb C: 14st7lb G: 12st7lb BMI: 33.8 Loss: 2st13lb(16.8%)
I drink 2 or 3 cups of mint tea a day. The ingredients are mint and tea..thats it, hasnt knoocked me out of ketosis, and theres no reason it should do!! AND its lush!!!

ShedMasterZero

was DeepThought
S: 17st10lb C: 16st2lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 35.4 Loss: 1st8lb(8.87%)
Basically leaf teas are fine and fruit teas are a big fat no-no. Simples. ;)

bornagain

S: 11st0lb C: 9st6lb G: 8st0lb Loss: 1st8lb(14.29%)
I drink sainsburys green tea with jasmine and it hasn't stopped me from losing 18lbs in 6 weeks :D

I also drink Sainsburys fizzy strawberry & kiwi water which helps with the boredom of plain water.

The main thing is don't drink anything that has citric acid in it hence why no fruit teas and quite a lot of fizzy drinks.

Sainsburys cola zero is good too as it has no citric acid and is made with sucralose sweetener rather than aspartame.

Catscratch

I can do this..
Just bought some green tea with mint to try, hoping I like it as then I'll have another drink option. Once tried just green tea and didn't like it at all so fingers xxx this tastes better.

LastEverDiet

Silver Member
Hey catscratch
Another drink worth trying is tetley's decaf green tea - I find green tea very bitter but decaf is much milder

Catscratch

I can do this..
Thanks for that, i'll buy some decaff next time I shop.

Catscratch

I can do this..
mint tea

Just tried the Green tea & mint, at first I thought OMG it tastes like toothpast but as I kept drinking it got better so I'm thinking I'll be able to drink this.
Has anyone any idea if Green tea & ginger is ok, I know its been said that the GT & berries isn't but wondered about the Ginger as my husband has it and it smells wonderful??? :eatdrink017:

Shelliewoo83

Silver Member
S: 17st12lb C: 16st2lb G: 12st2lb Loss: 1st10lb(9.6%)
Would peppermint with fennel seeds be ok?