Drinks

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Nightwishes, 10 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Nightwishes

Nightwishes Full Member

Diet:
    mixure of calorie counting and Rosemary Conley's less than 5% fat choice
    Do you count all the calories in the drinks you have everyday and how strict are you about it?

I count the cals of any alcohol or full sugar drinks/non diet drink, but I'm not sure if I should include the one or two cups of coffee with skimmed milk and the diet sugar free drinks (diet cola) I have during the day :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I don't bother with squash or diet drinks where it is only 1 or 2 cals a glass. Unless I have loads of it. Milk in tea and coffee I do count.

4. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yea I'm same x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    Yep, I count cups of tea/full fat coke but I'm still unsure about squash/cordial because I literally use the tiniest dash so I doubt it has more then 1 Kcal in it. I also count all fruit juices.

6. janey26

janey26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(12.07%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    The amount of tea I drink I need to count it!! It's an eye opener.

I

7. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't count any drinks. I only have about 2 cuppas a day and only a splash of milk in it anyway. I don't count any diet drinks I have either whether diet juice or fizzy drinks, I just try to limit them to 1-2 per day and stick with water.

I don't count alcohol either because I rarely drink and when I do it is a special occasion and therefore cc can wait till tomorrow. I don't want to ruin what should be an enjoyable event....is what I do/have done is.... I only drink vodka/bacardi with diet coke (or occasionally wine) so I am basically training myself to make wiser choices...

8. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    I agree with most of the comments on here. I don't count diet squash or diet fizzy drinks. I use a splash of squash to liven up my water all the time, because sometimes you just need that boost. I count my first coffee of the morning because I always have 2 sugars and a glug of milk, but throughout the day I don't have sugar and only use a splash of milk.

I always count my alcohol at the weekends, especially if I have a sneaky cider. I try and stick with vodka and diet coke or lime and soda though. :)

9. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    To be honest I don't count drinks..

Tea and coffee I only have a splash of milk and I hardly drink alcohol. So on the rear occasions I do it's no more than 2 (how boring am I?) :D

10. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    I drink stuff like milk so I do count it. Also I can get through 4 litres of diet lemonade a day which is about 16 so I count it

11. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I don't count squash or diet drinks and as I have my tea with teeniest tiniest splash of skimmed milk, I don't count that either. I only have 2 cups a day so I don't worry too much. I do count full fat stuff (which I never have anyway) and I do count alcohol.

12. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    I count everything that passes my lips, otherwise I feel i am not doing it properly'

13. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I used to count stuff like diet drinks and squash so basically every single little thing. Until I realised there's no point adding like 1 cal here or there cos i probably lose that one cal just drinking it or pouring the squash cos the bottle is so big lol.

14. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    hahahah :D

I used to be very careful about counting squash but it rarely ever added to more than 10 calories... so I just have it and count anything else... like fizzy and milk.

the average barely colouring milk splash (semi) is about 15 calories/25ml, a couple of them adds up and before you know it your hitting 100!

15. iwillsoonbeslim

iwillsoonbeslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting with the help of Myfitnesspal!
    I hardly drink diet drinks now, so don't bother logging the 5-10 calories a week that I consume in them. I DO log 6 x cups of tea with skimmed milk and sweetner each day as it adds up to 114 cals according to MFP. Some days I can have 10 cups of tea ( I LURVE tea!), other days, I only manage 3, so I log 6 every single day, and am sure it evens out :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.