Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Drinks

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Nightwishes, 10 October 2011 Social URL.

1. Nightwishes

Nightwishes Full Member

Diet:
    mixure of calorie counting and Rosemary Conley's less than 5% fat choice
    Do you count all the calories in the drinks you have everyday and how strict are you about it?

I count the cals of any alcohol or full sugar drinks/non diet drink, but I'm not sure if I should include the one or two cups of coffee with skimmed milk and the diet sugar free drinks (diet cola) I have during the day :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I don't bother with squash or diet drinks where it is only 1 or 2 cals a glass. Unless I have loads of it. Milk in tea and coffee I do count.

4. Donzy84

Donzy84 Back to basics

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Yea I'm same x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.44%)
    Diet:
    SW/5:2
    Yep, I count cups of tea/full fat coke but I'm still unsure about squash/cordial because I literally use the tiniest dash so I doubt it has more then 1 Kcal in it. I also count all fruit juices.

6. janey26

janey26 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(12.07%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    The amount of tea I drink I need to count it!! It's an eye opener.

I

7. redmel

redmel Dreamer

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't count any drinks. I only have about 2 cuppas a day and only a splash of milk in it anyway. I don't count any diet drinks I have either whether diet juice or fizzy drinks, I just try to limit them to 1-2 per day and stick with water.

I don't count alcohol either because I rarely drink and when I do it is a special occasion and therefore cc can wait till tomorrow. I don't want to ruin what should be an enjoyable event....is what I do/have done is.... I only drink vodka/bacardi with diet coke (or occasionally wine) so I am basically training myself to make wiser choices...

8. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Diet:
    Being healthy
    I agree with most of the comments on here. I don't count diet squash or diet fizzy drinks. I use a splash of squash to liven up my water all the time, because sometimes you just need that boost. I count my first coffee of the morning because I always have 2 sugars and a glug of milk, but throughout the day I don't have sugar and only use a splash of milk.

I always count my alcohol at the weekends, especially if I have a sneaky cider. I try and stick with vodka and diet coke or lime and soda though. :)

9. LittleSis

LittleSis Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    -0st0.5lb(-0.29%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World!!
    To be honest I don't count drinks..

Tea and coffee I only have a splash of milk and I hardly drink alcohol. So on the rear occasions I do it's no more than 2 (how boring am I?) :D

10. thatlittlebit

thatlittlebit Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    8st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(36.76%)
    I drink stuff like milk so I do count it. Also I can get through 4 litres of diet lemonade a day which is about 16 so I count it

11. Morrigan

Morrigan Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st7lb(31.82%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I don't count squash or diet drinks and as I have my tea with teeniest tiniest splash of skimmed milk, I don't count that either. I only have 2 cups a day so I don't worry too much. I do count full fat stuff (which I never have anyway) and I do count alcohol.

12. Wish

Wish Silver Member

Start Weight:
    100.7kg
    Current Weight:
    64.9kg
    Goal Weight:
    70.8kg
    Lost(%):
    35.8kg(35.59%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Low Fat
    I count everything that passes my lips, otherwise I feel i am not doing it properly'

13. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st9lb
    Lost(%):
    6st1.8lb(36.05%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I used to count stuff like diet drinks and squash so basically every single little thing. Until I realised there's no point adding like 1 cal here or there cos i probably lose that one cal just drinking it or pouring the squash cos the bottle is so big lol.

14. hannata

hannata I can haz cake?

Start Weight:
    280lb
    Current Weight:
    249.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    208.5lb
    Lost(%):
    31lb(11.07%)
    Diet:
    ADF
    hahahah :D

I used to be very careful about counting squash but it rarely ever added to more than 10 calories... so I just have it and count anything else... like fizzy and milk.

the average barely colouring milk splash (semi) is about 15 calories/25ml, a couple of them adds up and before you know it your hitting 100!

15. iwillsoonbeslim

iwillsoonbeslim Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st11lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(15.61%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting with the help of Myfitnesspal!
    I hardly drink diet drinks now, so don't bother logging the 5-10 calories a week that I consume in them. I DO log 6 x cups of tea with skimmed milk and sweetner each day as it adds up to 114 cals according to MFP. Some days I can have 10 cups of tea ( I LURVE tea!), other days, I only manage 3, so I log 6 every single day, and am sure it evens out :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.