Driving Licence Renewal

BordersGirl

Feeling great in 2012!
Got a letter today telling me that my photo driving licence will expire in October and I need to pay £20 to renew it (cheeky sods!)

One thing's for sure, I will be waiting until the absolute last minute in order to get a photo with me looking as slim as possible :D

I agree!

We moved house 10 years ago and my licence was still in my old address up until last month! They actually changed me to photo licence free as my address had changed

I have also had a letter this week about updating my photo. Shocked at the price and still have to get photo taken too - more expense.

Irene xx

Am I right in thinking that they have to state their weight on American driving licences? How horrid! Time to be grateful that we at least don't have that :)

Not as painful as renewing your passport! I had to do this prior to going on honeymoon so it's still in my maiden name :rolleyes: and cost about £80!!! So I am not changing it again for a long while yet . It's actually prevented me from changing my name with bank etc as i'm not willing to pay out lol.

Bit pricey eh? Well, suppose it's got to be done. Good idea about waiting til last minute to get pic taken ;)

Funny you should comment on this old post but I still haven't got my licence renewed! I haven't driven since it expired tho (OH has had to drive me everywhere :)). Need to get a photo done this week tho as OH has a new job and I'm gonna need to drive myself to the station soon.

Haha! u posted last august!!!! Oopsie! I just saw it in the new posts section.

Good luck to OH with new job and happy driving!

Back