Dropping a dress size? How many pounds?

minirog

Silver Member
I've lost 53lbs and have gone from a 'perfect' 22 to an 18 (and not even every 18 fits). I can't believe I'm still not dropping sizes. Arrggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

How long did it take you guys to drop sizes? I thought losing almost 4 stone would have taken me down to at least a 16!

Anyway, sorry for moaning.

Hope you are all having good days xx

well done on what you have lost thats really great, everyones different regarding dress sizes, if i dont like the size on my clothes i just cut it out, really differs depending on makes ect so dont take too much notice of a 'label' just wear what you feel your best in x

g8 idea chipbutty - ive managed to drop from a size 18 to a size 12 but the other day my mother in law bought me sum size 14s and they were snug. Was a bit miffed but put it down to them being high waisted. Different shops are more generous than others and vice versa. I agree with chipbutty- its what you feel best in. Be proud you've lost 53lbs, thats a great achievement. Good luck with the rest of your journey x

There really is no hard and fast rule.

I weight about 196lbs and am in a 16-18. I'm 5'6". We are all built differently. Clothes come standard sizes, not our sizes.

Well done on the weight gone so far - you should feel very proud of yourself.

On the clothes size front, I have gone down one size and have almost lost 2 stone. I remember when I lost 5 stone in the past I went down 2-3 dress sizes not a massive drop. I think it depends on where you carry the weight as well as the differing sizes in shops. I put on and lose weight all over so when losing it goes off everywhere evenly so less dramatic drop in size but overall cant complain.

Well done for your achievement and remember sizes are just numbers

Thanks all, good to know I'm not a freak then! I seem to remember someone tell me that a dress size was equal to 10lbs so I was starting to panic. Obviously that's not the case - phew! I guess if it was I would have been a bigger size to begin with!

Have good days everyone xxx

I've lost 22.5lb and im now in a 16 from an 18. I expect to drop to a 14 when i lose nearly 40lb!

it all depends on the individual im afraid, someone suggested a while back that one dress size is 1st 5lbs loss but again that doesn't apply to everyone, i use to be sizes 20, 18 and 16 - nearly 4 stone later and now i'm a 14, 12 and some 10s, it does depend on the material and place

Back