dropping out of ketosis

i seem to drop in and out of ketosis all the time, when i do the test on the stick, if i eat something then wait for a bit and do a test it is purple, but if i dont eat it stays cream, do i need to be eating fatty food all the time, as i am having a lot of the atkins shakes in the day, as i cant stop and make something and every thing in the shop seem to have pastry on it,

any tips or advice

It isn't a good idea to have too many of the shakes, to be honest. If you are on induction then it is two a day of the shakes/bars, maximum. Also some of us do find that artificial sweeteners stall weight loss, so that's another thought.

Don't worry too much about the ketostix, they can be very misleading. If you use them at all, it should only be first thing in the morning, by the way.

With regard to what you should be eating, on induction it should be 12 - 15 grams of carb from veg each day, plus protein and fat at every meal. Maybe an idea to make some snacks at home and take them in to work with you? Snacks should include protein and fat. Make sure you are having a good breakfast and lunch (including veg with each) as this means it is less likely you'll get peckish before the next meal.

Back