DropWeight Diary

BravingABikini

Hey. The other week I looked into a meal replacement plan by DropWeight, and came onto Minimins to find out more about it. Nobody seemed to know anything about it so i went ahead an bought it anyway, and it has arrived today.

As there is a big lack of information on this diet, I thought that I could create a diary following me on this plan, and then at least if anyone else is ever in the position I was in, they can read this.

So the basics of the plan are as follows:

1 milkshake per day
1 bar per day
1 soup per day
1 meal of around 450 cal per day
At least 2.5 litres of water per day

They also say that you can include coffee and leaf tea in your water allowance, and can use up to 150ml of skimmed milk each day. They recommend the meal to be high in protein with lots of veg, but as few carbs as possible. Where carbs are allowed (occasionally) they must be complex.

So, I have just had a look at the box, and it includes:

Soups
7 x Tomato
7 x Mushroom
7 x Chicken
7 x Vegetable

Milkshakes
8 x Chocolate Cookies and Cream
8 x Caramel
12 x Vanilla

Bars
10 x Caramel
9 x Strawberry
9 x Cookies and Cream

The box i have got is a 28 day plan. I intend to start tomorrow, and be finished on the 5th of March. I will try to keep this updated, if only for my own motivation.

Just having my first shake - a vanilla one. It's definitely an interesting breakfast. I've never done a meal replacement plan before so milkshake for breakfast is a bit novel.

I am finding myself just wolfing it down. The aftertaste is actually quite nice (creamy and not too sweet) but the first taste on your tongue is just a bit off for my liking. A bit salty or something, I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm hopeful I will get used to it- like olives or red wine - and then by the end of the month I'll be sad to return to cereal. Perhaps not.

Either way, its all gone now. I'm hoping to go for a mini run in the next hour, and then I'll try the first of my soups at 12. For now, I'd better get started on that water.

Felt a little queasy after milkshake. I think this was just due to how quickly I drank it, but I waited quarter of an hour before I left for my run.

I was nervous about starting c25k alongside this DropWeight programme. I thought that with the low calories I wouldn't have the energy for running. I know it is only the first morning and I can't really judge properly but I felt full of energy during the run, I know that athletes drink protein shakes so I guess that is something to do with that.

Just had the mushroom soup for lunch. I was not looking forward to this as I'm don't like mushroom soup in a tin, never mind in powder form. Again, I was just trying to have it as quickly as possible. I was having it with a spoon but I think in future I should just put it in a cup and drink it.

I'll soldier on, but I'm not looking forward to my next mushroom soup packet. Bar this afternoon and I am actually excited to try these. I love anything in bar form, so it should be a great snack. Hopefully.

I just had my bar with a cup of tea. A Strawberry one made of protein crispies with a white chocolate coating. Its quite difficult to shake the synthetic taste that comes with all of the things on DropWeight. It's not that it is bad, but I keep waiting for it to taste bad and so I'm eating it with all this trepidation. It's hard to explain.

Everything on the plan is a little off enjoyable. I wasn't exactly expecting amazing food as this is about losing weight, but it is something that I am going to need to get used to. Of the three, I think the milkshake was my favourite (maybe this is because it has been the most time since I had it-absence makes the heart grow fonder)Otherwise, the foods have filled me up for the day, and I still have an entire dinner to make tonight.

Just had my evening meal. A two egg omelette with 2 slices of ham, a sprinkling of cheese, and a handful of spinach.

Was yummy, and very filling.
I've also had 3 cups of tea today with skim milk, and I've already drank my 2.5 litres for the day.

All in all a successful day. I know that on other diets people complain of being hungry for the first few days, but I feel absolutely stuffed. I think it helped having the 10 days doing the special K challenge leading up to today, as I got into a routine where I am not really thinking about food outside designated meal times.

1 day down, 27 to go!

New day, New shake. Went for the caramel one, and its really nice. I think outside of this diet I would still enjoy it as a normal milkshake. That is positive.

Yesterday, I had all the flavours I was most worried about, so hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Roll on lunch and Chicken Soup.

Chicken soup has been another success. A little salty, but pretty good. Very creamy, and filling. Looking forward to trying the last two. After not overly enjoying any of the meals yesterday, this has really put a positive turn on things.

Tried the Cookies and Cream bar with my afternoon cup of tea. Yummy. I'll make tea at half 5 and that will be day two over. I have three more packs to try on day three and then 1 more soup on day 4. I am in uni tomorrow from 11-4 so I need to have my soup there and I'll take in a bar.

I'm being very secretive about my diet, as I prefer not to let people know I am trying to lose weight, so it could be difficult trying to make my soup without giving the game away. In the future I may think about having my meal at lunch time, and having soup in the evening. We'll have to see how it goes.

Ok so for dinner I had 2 sausages, an onion, a handful of spinach and half a pepper. With a table spoon of salsa and 2 dashes of olive oil.

I think that this is slightly over my recommended 450 cals so i left a few mouthfuls at the end and threw them in the bin. Took a lot of willpower, but I am glad i did. I hate the feeling when you know you have overeaten and feel guilty about it all day, so I feel a lot better for doing this. Also, it is helping teach me that it is ok to leave food on my plate, which is something that I have never been comfortable with.

Also had 3 cups of tea today with milk and just finishing my 2.5 litres of water now. I did have an entire frosted shreddie a moment ago though. I'm so naughty. 2 days down.

Just had the last type of shake- chocolate cookies and cream. I'm really starting to enjoy my morning shake, although it is quite strange having something sweet for a breakfast. I don't know how people manage the slim fast shakes; I am sure I heard that they were about 23g of sugar, whereas these are only 3g. Loca!

Must remember to pack my other two packs to have at uni. Vegetable soup and Caramel Bar.

Back from uni, and I am starving. Today is the first day that I have felt like this, and luckily dinner is in half an hour. I'm going to make myself a cup of tea to try and fill me up, before I start making food.

My 2 packs I had today were a mixed bag. I wasn't overly keen on the vegetable soup, and just drank it as quickly as you can drink really hot water, but the caramel bar was really nice. It felt like a real treat and this is definitely my favourite of all the packs.

So I have tomato soup left to try tomorrow and then I will have tried all the flavours. I am hoping that everything I am not overly keen on will taste better the second time, as it so often does. Now where is that tea pot.

Hi! Hope the meal replacement is going well.

How much are you trying to lose? And how much did the plan cost you?

Good luck!

Hi! Hope the meal replacement is going well.

How much are you trying to lose? And how much did the plan cost you?

Good luck!

Hi, I am only on day 3, but so far it is going really well. I haven't really set myself a weight loss target because I am a scale obsessive so I am trying to stay away from them. Their website seems to say that I should lose around 16 pounds in the first 4 weeks, so that would be great.

The plan cost me £70 for the 4 weeks on 3 packs per day, but this was through a Groupon offer. I think they retail it at around £200.

Thanks!

I see in your signature that you are doing a kettlebell workout. Is that using the kettleworx dvds or a different program?

I should probably add, that I am already a 12-14 if that helps assessing the diet.

The kettlebell workout I do it a free workout on youtube that is designed for abs, but I think is actually quite rounded once you get past the first four weeks.

The "No Gym" Solution to Ripped Abs Weeks 1 - 4 - YouTube

I also add some exercises for my thighs that I just picked up from websites e.g. kettlebell squats. I was just trying to do a cost effective workout, as I had a kettlebell anyway, but I am enjoying it so far, and find it easy to fit in. It's really long though. I am on week 3 of 12.

Cool thanks will check out that link

It is going to be one of those days today. I have woken up feeling tired and hungry, and my milkshake has not filled me up. By the way , I tried the vanilla again and now I love it, so it is definitely just getting used to the taste the first time you try these.

So I have a full day in uni today. I don't finish until gone dinner time. I have got my soup and a bar to eat, but I think it is going to be a challenge trying to stop myself from eating them early.

Perhaps I should swap things around. If I go to the canteen at my break at 3, then I can buy something for my meal. then I can eat my bar on the bus home.

I just have to keep thinking, that everyone has been through this, and it is temporary. Give me strength!

Just having my soup now and its really good. Probably my favourite of all the soups. Its really creamy, thick and, strangely enough, tomatoey. Success. That means that I have now tried all the packs and wont be filling this diary every single time I eat.

On a separate note, I just spoke to a guy who does bootcamp at my local park, and I am doing that tomorrow morning! Checked the weather and it will be -3. Lets hope there is no rain.

Back