DRY BODY BRUSHING!!!!?!?!?!?!??!

Hi this is gonna sound like such a stupid question, but what exactly is dry body brushing?! I have heard a few people reccomend it, I don't want to end up all flabby after weight loss so I am willing to try ANYTHING!!! (Except surgery) lol!
If anyone can help, Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease tell me so I don't feel so stupid any longer! lol xxxx:rolleyes:

Hi Princess I don't know what it is either so you are not alone.

:)
Dry body brushing is exactly that:) You can buy a special dry body brush from the Body Shop or Boots. Before you get into the shower/bath you literally brush your body starting from your feet upwards towards your heart, it a bit sore to start off with BUT is really excellent for cellulite and skin tone, takes about 5 mins max, then you have a shower:)if you can, invest in some bio oil or Palmers cocoa butter after shower oil and massage that into your skin afterwards. After a few sessions you will actually enjoy the brushing.

It gets rid of dead skin cells too and your skin literally start to glow, YOU must moisturise afterwards. If you are really FLUSH with dosh treat yourself to L'Oreal slimming lotion products, can't remember the exact name but they're available in Boots and Superdrug.

Well worth it - even just getting the brush and cocoa butter oil.

Hope this helps.

Goodnight

Thanks anyone know anywhere where I can get a nice hunk to help with the massage

Dry body brushing is great! You can buy a body brush from The Body Shop or Boots, you literally brush in your body in short strokes starting from your feet going upwards towards your heart, you do this before you get into the shower. After you shower it is worth moisturising with bio-oil or Palmers Cocoa Butter or any body-firming lotion (L'oreal perfect slim is great) depending on your budget.

Body brushing is great for cellulite and it gives your skin a real glow because it gets rid of toxins and dead skin cells so moisturiser gets to really soak in.

It feels a bit strange when you start off with it but as you get used to it it is great:) well worth it.

Hope this helps

Don't know how I did that but at least I remembered the name of the l'oreal products:)

Our LLC arranged a therapist to come to our group and demostrate the body brushing. Most of us bought a brush there & then, and also ordered a bottle of the skin firming aromatherapy oil that the lady had made just ofr us LL ladies.

It is a great thing to do and really makes you wake up & tingle in the mornings!! Feels & smells great too!!

Ahhh, this sounds more like torture to start off with! lol! I shall give it a go tonight, glad I wasnt the only one who didnt know what it is Loobe lolol!!
I only hope it doesnt do more harm than good, cause I do have dry skin anyway. Oh well, rather be in shape and have dry skin! lol! Dyingtobeslim I have the cocoa butter stuff, I love the smell of it :)
Thank you all loads for your replies, I shall go get one in the morning and give it a try!
Thank yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooou! xxxx

:)
Dry body brushing is exactly that:) You can buy a special dry body brush from the Body Shop or Boots. Before you get into the shower/bath you literally brush your body starting from your feet upwards towards your heart, it a bit sore to start off with BUT is really excellent for cellulite and skin tone, takes about 5 mins max, then you have a shower:)if you can, invest in some bio oil or Palmers cocoa butter after shower oil and massage that into your skin afterwards. After a few sessions you will actually enjoy the brushing.

It gets rid of dead skin cells too and your skin literally start to glow, YOU must moisturise afterwards. If you are really FLUSH with dosh treat yourself to L'Oreal slimming lotion products, can't remember the exact name but they're available in Boots and Superdrug.

Well worth it - even just getting the brush and cocoa butter oil.

Hope this helps.

Goodnight
Hey Dyingtobeslim, thanks for the advice, I've ordered a body brush from Amazon, just waiting for it to arrive through the post :D

Back