dry burgers :(

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by x-tuesdayemma-x, 9 July 2010 Social URL.

1. x-tuesdayemma-x

x-tuesdayemma-x Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(6.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    everytime ive attempted to make burgers with lean mince adding egg onion herbs etc.. once ther cooked they just taste dry and disgusting, does anyone know how to make them taste any better?xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi there

Try adding 2tbs natural yogurt instead of the egg, I find it keeps them really moist n juicy. I also seal them on both sides in a dry non-stick frying pan and then bake them in the oven instead of grilling.
    Sometimes I add things like grated carrot/courgette too.
    Hope they turn out tastier next time...

4. honey74

honey74 The Original Honey!!!

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.57%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What I do is mix the mince with 1 clove of garlic, grated, 1-2 chillies, finely chopped (depending on how hot you like them), a couple of splashes of worcestershire sauce, a crumbled oxo cube and an egg to bind.

Sometimes with my cheese allowance I use it on a strong blue cheese and put it in the centre of the pattie (kiev like) and I've made the s/w onion marmalade and sweetcorn relish to accompany them so they are usually packed with flavour.

Hope it helps

xxx

5. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

bovril helps keep them nice and moist and onion apple garlic carrots and seasoning schwarts :)

6. determinator

determinator Banned

7. bananas-on-toast

bananas-on-toast Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(4.96%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    I make my own burgers quite often, using very few ingredients, just turkey or pork mince, onion, herbs and spices etc. I have made them using a chopped up tomato and they were very moist, and I always do them on the george foreman grill and they never turn out dry.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.