D's food diary with photographs. Mix of red, green and EE days! xo

d14

Firstly, i'm a vegetarian so I will be mostly doing green days. I eat lots of quorn and am trying to cook my own meals rather than pre-packaged stuff. I always have breakfast early in the morning, then my main meal/dinner around lunchtime and my "lunch"/small meal in the evening. This works better for me as I am always most hungry in the middle of the day. I'll start off with yesterdays (began SW on Wednesday)...

Breakfast: 1 red apple

Main Meal: 1 potato sliced and oven baked with fry light, syn free quorn spaghetti bolognese (with chopped carrots, celery, onions, red peppers) had two helpings of the spag bol because it was SO delicious!

Tea: 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread toasted (heB) with 2 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA - you can have up to 5 of these triangles as a heA but two was more than enough for me)

Snacks: 130g red grapes, velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 4

today

Brunch: red apple, 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), 1 tablespoon ketchup (1 syn) baked beans..only had a few small spoonfuls of these as I was feeling full.

Dinner: Syn-free quorn bolognese with carrot, celery, onion, red bell pepper, red chilli and SW chips. Had quite a large portion of this as I was feeling very hungry and trying to avoid snacking on chocolate!

Snacks: 1 banana, 1 &
½ pieces of scan bran (1.5 syns) with 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle (heA), velvet crunch (4 syns) and 2 peanut m&m's (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 10

photo 1.JPGphoto 1 (3).JPG

Last edited:
I was too tired to post last night, so heres yesterdays diary:

Breakfast: Banana

Dinner: "Chicken in chilli garlic salt"About 80-100g of quorn chicken style pieces - in a homemade chilli spice & with peppers, onion and chillies. There was a little bit of sugar in my seasoning, probably about 1/2 a teaspoon per portion or less, but ill count it as 1 syn anyways.

Snacks: Red apple, muller light vanilla yougurt with 2 scan bran (heB) crumbled into it

Total syns: 1

(Didn't eat a whole lot yesterday..im on
penicillin to treat a very sore throat and I think its messing with my appetite.)

photo 2 (3).JPG

Last edited:
Yesterday:

Brunch: Banana, 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), 2 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA), a couple of spoonfuls of baked beans

Dinner: quorn chicken pieces with my homemade chilli seasoning and peppers/chillies/onions, 1 potato sliced like chips and baked in the oven with some seasoning, about half a teaspoon of sugar in the seasoning but ill put it down as 1 syn, 2 laughing cow light cheese triangles (heA)

Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns), tiny piece of chocolate (1syn) and 130g seedless red grapes

Total syns: 6

probably going to have something similar for dinner tonight. I don't have any freezer space so I tend to cook enough for 2/3 days.

Weigh in tonight which i'm excited about but have to go to the dentist first...not looking forward to that!

x

photo 4 (1).jpgphoto 1 (4).JPG

Last edited:
Sorry I haven't updated this yesterday, I was too tired last night. Lost 5 1/2 pounds at my first weigh in :)

Yesterday:
Breakfast: Banana, about 2/3 of muller light toffee yogurt
Lunch: 2 quorn sausages (2 syns) and baked beans
Dinner: sliced potato baked in the oven & quorn chicken pieces with veg
Snacks: velvet crunch crisps (4 syns), small spoonful of egg friend rice from the chinese (i don't think this was enough to actually be a syn?)
Total syns: 6

Today:
Breakfast:
Alpen light chocolate and fudge bar (heB)
Lunch: 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), 3 triangles of laughing cow light cheese (heA), velvet crunch (4 syns)
Dinner: 1 potato and mushy peas
Snacks: 1/3 muller light yogurt (left over from yesterday), half a pear

Didn't eat much fruit or veg today unfortunately so made them green days, just didn't use all of my healthy extras! Today is my "shopping day" so I didn't get food shopping until late.

Today:

Breakfast:
1 alpen light chocolate and fudge bar (heB), 1 pear
Lunch:
2 slices of WW wholemeal bread (heB), 2 laughing cow cheese triangles (heA),180g baked beans
Dinner:
Quorn chicken satay (yummy!) with wholegrain rice and veg - peppers, onions, carrots, garlic (4 syns for the sauce I made - but worth it)
Snacks:
Velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 8

photo 2 (1).JPG

Today (red day I think!)

Breakfast: 1 weetabix (half heB) with slimline milk (heA) and chopped banana
Lunch: n/a because my breakfast was a late one
Dinner: Bowl of the quorn chicken satay I made yesterday, it works out as 13
syns for the whole thing so i'll say I used 5 syns today for that as I had more than yesterday. Didn't have any carbs with it, just a big serving with peppers, onions and chopped raw carrot...yum!
Snacks: handful of blueberries, 1 alpen light bar (half heB),
a pear and a bag of velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 9

Today (extra easy)

Breakfast: 1 weetabix (heB), slimline milk (half of my heA) and chopped banana
Dinner: Smash pizza..made it for the first time but not a fan at all. Won't be making it again. Topped my half with onions, peppers, chillies and tomoatoes and reduced fat cheese (half of my heA)
Tea: Couple of spoonfuls of the chicken satay I made a few days ago..i'd say 1 syn maybe. Alpen light bar (heB)
Snacks: bag of velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 5

photo 2.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 5.jpgphoto 2 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Today (green day)

Breakfast: Banana, 2x quorn sausages (2 syns), 1 slice of ww wholemeal bread (heB), 1 triangle of laughing cow light cheese (heA) and half a small tin of beans
Lunch: velvet crunch crisps (4 syns), handful of blueberries
Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese with garlic, passata, onions, peppers, chillies and carrot
Snacks: velvet crunch crisps (4 syns)

Total syns: 10

Today..extra easy

Breakfast: 1 weetabix (heB) with slimline milk (heA) and chopped banana
Lunch: 1 sliced red apple, 2 quorn chicken dippers (1 syn) with a triangle of laughing cow cheese
Dinner: 1/3 cup of pasta with quorn bolognese and peppers/onion/chillies
Snacks: velvet crunch (4 syns), a little less than half a bag of wheelies..i'm guessing 2.5 syns?

Total syns: 7.5

Today ( red day )

Breakfast:
1 weetabix (1/2 heB), 100ml slimline milk (1/2 heA), 1 banana
Lunch: N/A - didn't have lunch as I had to go to the dentist around lunch time
Dinner: bowl of quorn bolognese with peppers/onion/carrot
Snacks: 1 bag of sweet chilli velvet crunch (4 syns) piece of melon, grapes

Also had weigh in today.. I lost 1.5lbs meaning i've lost 7lbs in two weeks. Which is great overall but i'm a little disappointed that it was only 1.5 this week considering i've stuck to plan and been doing the 30 day shred every morning. The shorts I was wearing when I joined SW are now too big for me..they keep falling down when I walk so maybe i've lost inches and gained muscle....i'll tell myself that anyway to feel better :p

Last edited:
Today, 19 April (another red day I think!) Eating more than usual today, due my TOTM soon so I definitely think thats affecting my appetite!

Breakfast: Blueberries, 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread (heB) toasted with 2 laughing cow light cheese triangles (2/5 of heA)
Lunch: 2 quorn chicken fillets filled with laughing cow cheese (2/5 of heA) and garlic powder. Served with lettuce.
Dinner: Not had it yet but i'm going to have a bowl of my quorn bolognese (no pasta, just the meat and veg) as its probably the last day it will be fresh for!
Snacks: 1/4 tub of seedless red grapes, 2 packs of velvet crunch (8 syns)

Untitled-2x.jpg

Today, April 20 (red day)

Breakfast: 1 banana before my walk at 6.30am, and a bowl of blueberries and grapes at 9.30am
Lunch: 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread (heB) & 2 laughing cow light cheese triangles (2/5 of heA)
Dinner: 2 quorn chicken style fillets with chilli and garlic powder, stuffed with 2 laughing cow cheese triangles (2/5 of heA), iceberg lettuce
Snacks: 2 clemintines, 1/2 a muller light strawberry yogurt, 5/6 teaspoons of muller light vanilla & chocolate yogurt, 2 bags of velvet crunch (8 syns)

Ate so much today! I always get much hungrier than usual on the week before my "time of the month" and crave greasy and unhealthy food..glad I stayed on track today and opted for free/superfree when I got urges to eat.. because I was very tempted to just order a takeaway!

Started walking this morning along with 30 day shred DVD. Walked about 2.5 miles at 6.30...beautiful time of the morning for a walk!

Today, April 21st (green day)

Breakfast: Bowl of fruit - pineapple, blueberries, grapes, banana, clemintine
Lunch: n/a
Dinner: I was craving a takeaway today but decided to make my own instead. Guilt free and tasted so much nicer than a takeaway.Linda McCartney mozzarella burger (4 syns), 2 slices WW wholemeal bread (heB), 1 tablespoon ketchup (1 syn), onions, lettuce, reduced fat mozzarella cheese (heA), SW chips
Snacks: Velvet crunch (4 syns), blueberries, grapes

Total syns: 9

Untitled-1ff.jpgUntitleffd-1.jpgllflf.jpgUntitled-f2.jpg

Last edited:
April 22 (green day)

Breakfast: Two slices of WW wholemeal bread (heB) toasted with 2 laughing cow light cheese triangles (heA), banana
Lunch: n/a
Dinner: SW chips, mushy peas and a quorn chicken style fillet and some melted cheese (heA)
Snacks: 2 bags of velvet crunch (8 syns) and will be having some fruit (grapes, blueberries) later as a snack

Really want to try and cut back on velvet crunch, one bag a day is enough..just craving them lately!

My lovely mom made me a big batch of vegetable soup today! She used 1 1/2 teaspoons of butter in it which is about 3 syns but I have no idea how to go about working out the syns for each portion (as its a big pot and my mom and sister are having some too) so its kind of impossible. Won't bother adding it to my syns but I keep well under the "syn limit" anyways so it shouldn't be a problem :)

April 23
(red day)

Breakfast:
small bowl of grapes
Dinner: 2 quorn sausages (2 syns), 2 slices of ww bread (heB), 1 tablespoon ketchup (1 syn)
Tea: n/a was too sick to eat :(
Snacks: banana, velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 7

Last edited:
24/04/12 - green day

Breakfast: Banana (at 6.30am before my walk) followed by proper breakfast around 9.30am of 1 slice of WW wholemeal bread (heB), 1 laughing cow light cheese triangle (heA), potato waffle (2 1/2 syns) few spoonfuls of beans
Dinner: syn free stir fry with chopped quorn chicken fillet. I also cooked and added 2 quorn dippers as it didn't have much chicken and I was out of fillets..only ate about 1/3 of the chicken but I dont know if it was the fillet or dippers so i'll count the full syns (1 syn)
Tea: Haven't had it yet but i'm going to have a bowl of my moms homemade vegetable soup later.
Snacks: 1 alpen light bar (heB), bag of velvet crunch (4 syns)

Total syns: 7 1/2

Weigh in tomorrow! Going to the morning class instead of evening, fingers crossed for a loss :)

Untitlddcx.jpg

Loving your food diary hun !!! Your doing fab and the food piccys are great !!!

Thank you so much! I think it can get a little boring sometimes (especially when i cook proper dishes because I cook big portions and eat it over 2-3 days) but i'm trying my best :D x

Last edited:
Back