Due a gain on Wednesday, need to counteract it?

shezam

Silver Member
Help!!

Funeral on Thursday, lots and lots of bad alochol then meal at night.
Friday - Away for the weekend, cocktails, nibbles, TGI Fridays (not good choices)
Saturday - more alcohol, choclate, caked, take away at night
Sunday - cakes, scones, cocktails & take away.

Now, I know to expect a gain on Wednesday, it's inevatable!! But i'd like to try and counteract it?

I had buttery toast this morning (not a good start) but need to sort it out from now on. I'm going to attemp no syns and try and cut down on my carbs. Plan on making slimming world chilli tonight and instead of rice just having salad with it. I need to up my superspeed aswell.
What does everyone else do when they have a weekend like that? I was thinking of not going to wiegh in but I don't want to get into that mind frame.
Any help is appreciated.

If it were me I'd do exactly what you said, cut my syns and drop the carbs, do a couple of red days. At the end of the week if a gain is inevitable then it's what I always think of as a 'false' gain and I give myself the following week to get back to square one. Think fortnightly (but don't skip WI) and try and lose any gain by the following week.

Its a blip, they happen. Just don't write off the rest of this week :)

Maybe you could try doing success express I think it is called? Where you do EE but have two thirds of your plate as superfree instead of one third.

Although I have to say sometimes it's best to just write it off and start fresh without trying to pull it back. Just follow the plan from now. From my experience in the past, if I try and be too strict to try and un-do any damage I end up feeling deprived and eating more than I would just following the plan. But that is just me! lol.

I just pick myself up and start again from scratch if I'm honest.

I know from doing this on/off for years that if I try to counteract it by doing success express or having no syns etc. I end up feeling really deprived and run much more of a risk of falling off the wagon in a spectacular style.

I plan the next 3 - 7 days worth of meals, make sure that there is plenty of free/superfree in the fridge/in work/in my car and have plenty of SW friendly meals ready to just grab in case life gets in the way. This way I find that naturally I feel more satisifed and tend to have less syns. Sometimes it means a gain that week but as lickthelid said, it normally evens out after another week on plan.

That could just be me though, my attitude now is that I'm in this for the long haul and sometimes you just gotta live a little and not beat yourself up too much :)

Good luck with WI! xx

When this happens to ne I cut syns to minimal or zero abd try to eat entirely superfree. Loads of speed symbols too like melon and mushy peas. Also speed soup. As for free foods I cut carbs to a minimum. But be careful to not go hungry as that will have the opposite effect

Back