Dukan and Exercise

Triniprinc3ss

Silver Member
Hi Dukanettes,

I thought it would be nice if we posted a thread related to exercise.

If you have had any success with a particular method, post it on here so others can learn from you and hopefully trim those pounds too :character00116:

TriniMaria :character00115:

We used to have a "daily exercise" thread too x

I love running, great stress buster. I also regularly use Jillian Michaels DVDs, she in incorporates HIIT (proven fat fat blaster) with circuits involving whole body workouts and core work. I have completed '30 day shred', 'ripped in 30' and am working my way through '6 week 6 pack' and 'no more trouble zones'. These have really increased my fitness, given me great muscle tone and blasted the fat away, can't recommend them enough.

I love running, great stress buster. I also regularly use Jillian Michaels DVDs, she in incorporates HIIT (proven fat fat blaster) with circuits involving whole body workouts and core work. I have completed '30 day shred', 'ripped in 30' and am working my way through '6 week 6 pack' and 'no more trouble zones'. These have really increased my fitness, given me great muscle tone and blasted the fat away, can't recommend them enough.

I bought Ripped in 30 recently.

Used it the once and I must say I felt it the next day.

Haven't really been at home to use it, so I will have to start again at some point.

Starting the Insanity workout tonight #FingersCrossed lol!

I use insanity too from time to time (randomly pick a work out to do for variation), but I warn you, if you struggle with Jillian then insanity will be hard going. But it is a first rate workout,although I didn't try it until I had completed 30 day shred, and had been a regular runner for many years. Enjoy, Shaun T is lovely eye candy too, and it's great watching the super fit and toned types in his studio struggle!!

I use insanity too from time to time (randomly pick a work out to do for variation), but I warn you, if you struggle with Jillian then insanity will be hard going. But it is a first rate workout,although I didn't try it until I had completed 30 day shred, and had been a regular runner for many years. Enjoy, Shaun T is lovely eye candy too, and it's great watching the super fit and toned types in his studio struggle!!

I think I like the pressure of a hard workout lol!

As long as I'm left with a little (.)(.), this belly has to tone up if it kills me :rolleyes:

Trust me, Jillian and Shaun T will work you hard and leave you with great abs! My tummy is improving no end, looks great and is so much stronger (if you know about yoga, the shoulder stand and plough pose which require core strength to get into and maintain have become utterly effortless as a result, I was so happy). All that and no gym fees!

Trust me, Jillian and Shaun T will work you hard and leave you with great abs! My tummy is improving no end, looks great and is so much stronger (if you know about yoga, the shoulder stand and plough pose which require core strength to get into and maintain have become utterly effortless as a result, I was so happy). All that and no gym fees!

How long would you say it takes to see results?

i must start thinking bout exercise i just walk. 30 - 45 mins a day! you lot talking bout insnity and 30 day shred hmmm think i mite have to pull my socks up!! xx

i must start thinking bout exercise i just walk. 30 - 45 mins a day! you lot talking bout insnity and 30 day shred hmmm think i mite have to pull my socks up!! xx

I used to walk on my lunchtime but the weather keeps putting me off.

So I either do a workout DVD or Dance Central (Xbox Kinect).

Running and free weights... There is a ap called get running which is good for beginners

Running and free weights... There is a ap called get running which is good for beginners

Running is my biggest hate in the exercise world.

Been jogging with my friend twice and thought I would pass out lol!

I rate all those people who were able to run for over 2 hours in the marathon.

How long would you say it takes to see results?

Thats quite hard to say. I was pretty fit when I started those workouts (from running and yoga and bit of weights thrown in) although carrying extra fat, sadly a lot of running and previous carb eating helped to pile on the weight! The muscles will get stronger within weeks but how visible they are depends on body fat. The definition in my muscles is more obvious as I am losing the fat via Dukan and exercise...the last two months has made a huge difference. I can now fit into my size 10 clothes, and can see the ab definition, and yet in the past to fit into those clothes I needed to be four to ten pounds lighter. I'm looking forward to seeing what my body looks like when I reach my goal weight. And remember, dukan is a high protein diet so is a great compliment to exercise. Also, dont just focus on how you look, enjoy the benefits of being fit and healthy, what motivates me is how good I feel.

Running is my biggest hate in the exercise world.

Been jogging with my friend twice and thought I would pass out lol!

I rate all those people who were able to run for over 2 hours in the marathon.

lol me too i get a big red head and start groaning!!! lol x

I adore running, a good run is an amazing feeling but I do recommend one of the many couch to 5 k programs out there, running is something that needs to be very carefully worked up to. But, particularly when compared to HIIT which is a real fat blaster, it really pushes my appetite up for the day which was a real problem in my carb eating days.

I just stick with 2x boot camp, 1x Body Combat, 1x Zumba and 1x PT session a week then I try to run (when I am at home) in the evening or 30 day shred if I can't get out but at the moment just relying on swiss ball, hand weights and resistance band for my evening workout.
Although I run, i still absolutely hate every second of it but I know it needs doing. I did the c25k programme but I still struggled, i then read a book called, 'run, fat b*tch run!' (purely based on the title appealing to my humour) and I finally 'got it'.

I just stick with 2x boot camp, 1x Body Combat, 1x Zumba and 1x PT session a week then I try to run (when I am at home) in the evening or 30 day shred if I can't get out but at the moment just relying on swiss ball, hand weights and resistance band for my evening workout.
Although I run, i still absolutely hate every second of it but I know it needs doing. I did the c25k programme but I still struggled, i then read a book called, 'run, fat b*tch run!' (purely based on the title appealing to my humour) and I finally 'got it'.

Thats a really good range of exercise, you must be in great shape! Hope you enjoy it all, it sounds great.

Just to add, I'm not in way critical of the walking Dukan advocates. I love walking, the further the better. It's a great form of exercise and very calming too. It was a love of long walks that lead me back to running years ago.

Back