Dukan Bread

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Hi this recipe was given to me by my Mum, I don't know where she got it from, but I am enjoying having and using it.

The first batch I did I put it in a small bread tin and then had problems getting it out of the tin. The second lot the other day, I used a 4 portion medium sized Yorkshire Pudding Tin with greaseproof circles in the bottom. It still stuck to the edges but I used a butter knife to slide around the edge and the greaseproof helped it not to stick to the bottom.

I'm going to buy some larger Silicon Muffin Moulds in the hope that although they may be smaller, they won't stick and i can make some burgers to fit them. LOL
[h=2]Dukan Bread[/h][h=2]Ingredients[/h]Baking powder1 tsp
Cornstarch 2 tbsp
Cream of tartara pinch
Eggs 4
Oat bran 6 tbsp
Salt Dash
Skimmed milk powder 4 tbsp
Spices & HerbsTo taste (I’ve used Rosemary&Thyme in one lot and Garlic Powder&Basil)
Splenda1/4 tbsp or more
Yeast 1 tsp
[h=2]Instructions[/h]1 Set oven at 325F degrees
2 Separate the whites from the yolks.
3 Mix dry ingredients together.
4 Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until they form a peak.
5 At slow speed, incorporate the egg yolks.
6 Still on slow speed add the dry ingredients 1 tbsp at a time scraping the sides of the bowl.
7 Mix for a few minutes then put into a bread pan / Yorkshire 4 medium size Tin) in oven for approximately 25 minutes.

Let them cool completely before packing away. I froze them individually so that I can just take one out at a time. Each one works out to 1.5tbsp of Oatbran a day. It may be possible to subsitute some for wheatbran but I'm not sure what amounts.

will give these a go DF, I fancy a burger in a toasted bun mmmmmmmmmm

I had a burger in a bun tonight. Verreeee nice. Yum.

I added garlic, onion, oyster sauce to the mince and cooked it in smaller patties. Lovely.

Back