Dukan flu - advice abd thoughts please

natters8942

Advice needed please. I've had Dukan flu since Monday and still feel nauseous, exhausted, light headed and achey!

I understand this can be normal, but I've had to take the day off work today as I feel so poorly.

I've lost 1st1lb so far and still have 1st9lbs to go, today is day 20. I'm loving the results, but struggling to cope with the sickness.

I'm considering switching to consolidation now just to allow my body to recover and then either come back to cruise or just lose much more slowly. I'm scared that if I carry on like this i'll snap and then eat something horrendous to make myself feel better.

What do you think? Am I over reacting?

Thank you xx

Apologies for spelling but I can't change the heading!

It sounds to me as if you are sick, pure and simply!

Dukan flu is the term given to the period during attack when we first cut out carbs and some people find they get head achey... but it usually goes by day three.

I'd get yourself to the GP if things don't improve! Keep drinking plenty of H2O!

I agree with Jo wholeheartedly - hope you feel better soon.

I agree too. It does not sound like Dukan flu. I had it really bad the first few days of the diet (headaches, flu-like symptoms, nausea) but it went away by the end of the first week.

Definitely consult a GP if you're not well!

Last edited:
Thirding - if you are eating veg on 50% of the time you shouldn't have Dukan flu.

Not sure what you mean by Dukan flu, not experienced anything like that, but if you feel poorly for a while, solution is to stop diet and/or go see doctor.
Hope you feel better soon

Thank you for your replies, now the fifth day of feeling poorly so off to the doctors in a bit. So fingers crossed they're happy for me to continue doing Dukan.

The doctor was useless! It might be a virus, it might be your diet these diets are never any good and we don't recommend them or you might be pregnant!

Really confused now :-( xx

What a rubbish doctor!!

Natters, for you own peace of mind, if you believe the diet is to blame then you should stop it and get yourself well. If you don't think it's the diet, and there is a lot of sickness around at the moment, then do what you would usually - rest and look after yourself.

Hope you feel better soon.

P x

Grrr DOCTORS!!!!! Blooming useless. They never listen to anything beyond the first 10 seconds. I would get a second opinion and this time don't mention the diet, see what they ask you instead.

There has been a lot of things going about though, our school has had a lower attendance rate in recent weeks than normal.

Maybe dose up on max lemsip and sleep a bit, if you still feeling crap by Monday then docs again.

If you would feel more comfortable suspending the diet I would suggest you follow the conso rules for a week - that is protein and veg every day, with a small amount of fruit, cheese and wholemeal bread.

If it is Dukan flu, then that will stop it in its tracks without derialing your weight loss to date.

If it's flu flu then you will be getting the nutrients you need and can slip back into cruise more easily in a weeks time.

Thanks guys, you're all so much more help than the doctors.

Going to talk to my husband about it later, but think I'm going to start conso tomorrow. Avoiding the gala meals for now though :)

Xx

Hi Hun just catching up sorry to hear you've been unwell ....but I think doing conso might be the best idea at least till things settle down ....sending hugs xx

Rednicola said:
Hi Hun just catching up sorry to hear you've been unwell ....but I think doing conso might be the best idea at least till things settle down ....sending hugs xx

Thank you! Bit scary introducing bread and cheese - just need to be self controlled!

Xx

You'll be fine I'm sure natters xxx you still gonna do a diary ???

Hi. Will continue with the diary, need to stay on track. X

That's good did you talk to your hubby ??? ..... I need to get my phone back then I can keep up with my diary again had to buy a notebook today to write it down old school

We spoke about it briefly, he's had a **** week at work do exhausted. He just doesn't want me to stress my body too much. He hated me doing lipotrim, think I'm getting sick of meat and eggs, the change will do me good.

I get laughed at at work for my notebook and diary, I like to write stuff down

Xx

Awwww guys you've both had a **** week then :(:( hope next week is better for you both x good luck with conso I've got 4 weeks today till my holiday and then I'll probably do PV days everyday while away might be easier that way x I'll keep checking in when I can get hubbies iPad to see how your doing x

Back