Cruise PV Dukan-friendly Coleslaw

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by anjuschka, 20 December 2010 Social URL.

1. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

By popular request :), this is approximately what I make when I say 'coleslaw':

• Half a small white cabbage, finely sliced / shredded.
    • 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
    • 1/2 red onion finely chopped
    Adjust the above proportions to personal preference.

Sauce made from: again this varies every time and adjust to preference. Yoghurt has a tendency to make it watery so it's better using quark. This in turn may need extra 'thinning', for which I use a tb or two of skimmed milk if there's already enough vinegar.

• 3 tb yoghurt/quark/ fromage frais
    • 1 tb vinegar
    • 1 ts mustard
    • salt & pepper
    • pinch of splenda
    • chopped parsley or chives

I make sure there's a fair amount of sauce and it needs to be quite runny. Mix into the veg and put in fridge to leave flavours to develop for at least a couple of hours

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Maintainer

Maintainer ** Chief WITCH **

and it's one of those things that never tastes quite the same twice running!

4. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Fabulous! Thank you so much!

Jo - I know what you mean about things like that. It's good, though, to be able to mess around with quantities and ingredients to your own taste. It's just a shame when you can never reproduce the ratios again after finally perfecting them! ;-)

5. adelight

adelight Member

Love this way of making coleslaw, but sometimes set fire to my nostrils with all the mustard

6. monty1978

monty1978 Full Member

trying this also