dukan last chance saloon

snugglepuss123

tuesday 21st august
hi guys i thought i would start a diary
:) after years of trying various diets & not succeeding i thought i would try the dukan diet, i started last thursday & will weigh on thursday to see if i have lost weight, i didn't start the oatbran until today as i was unable to get it, so i am hoping it hasn't stalled my loss :rolleyes: so todays food will be:
breakfast- oatbran porridge made with skimmed milk, 500ml water
lunch- salmon, 500ml water
dinner- chicken breast & 2 boiled eggs, 500ml water
evening- skimmed milk latte

welcome and good luck with Dukan, best diet in the world :D

welcome and good luck with Dukan, best diet in the world :D
hi elle thanks i have looked at dukan before but thought it was going to be like atkins so decided not to try it what a mistake that was i think its a brilliant plan :)

How was day 2?

hi cheesegirl it went really well thank you i am actually on day 7 of attack but didn't decided to log my food on here til yesterday :rolleyes: it's been great not feeling hungry :)

wednesday 22nd august
breakfast- oat bran porridge, skinny late, glass water
lunch- 2 hard boiled eggs & chicken breast, glass water
dinner- salmon, s/f jelly, glass water
evening- skinny latte

ooooh dear just seen i can only have 250ml skimmed milk on cruise eeeek i don't know how i will get on with that as i have 500ml a day at the moment find having the skinny lattes or hot milk helps me stick to plan could i still have the 500ml and then have 500ml of other dairy? x :(

Just found your diary snuggles.....will read your journey daily, your doing fab x

right just read in a magazine that if you have sweetener in ur food it doesn't help towards stopping sugar cravings as ur body can't distinguish between sweetener & sugar is this fact or fiction answers on a postcard please lol am having my oatbran porridge without it this morning doesn't actually taste too bad but enjoy it more with sweetener. i am on day 8 of attack have decided to do 1 more day then start cruise on saturday will do 1/1 pp-pv, will i be hungrier when i start the veg days? as i have had no hunger pangs whatsoever while eating protein which i loved. hope someone knows the answers :rolleyes: hope you all have a great day xx

thursday 23rd august
breakfast- oatbran porridge, skimmed milk, glass water
lunch- salmon, 0% total yog, glass water
dinner- chicken & 2 boiled eggs, glass water
evening- skinny latte

snugglepuss123 said:
right just read in a magazine that if you have sweetener in ur food it doesn't help towards stopping sugar cravings as ur body can't distinguish between sweetener & sugar is this fact or fiction answers on a postcard please lol am having my oatbran porridge without it this morning doesn't actually taste too bad but enjoy it more with sweetener. i am on day 8 of attack have decided to do 1 more day then start cruise on saturday will do 1/1 pp-pv, will i be hungrier when i start the veg days? as i have had no hunger pangs whatsoever while eating protein which i loved. hope someone knows the answers :rolleyes: hope you all have a great day xx

Hi hun
I found veggies just made me fuller for longer so you should be fine hunger wise
I also still go over my skimmed milk as I love it and if doesn't seem to hurt me! Skinny lattes keep me going!!
Well done on your loss that's fabulous! Xx

I've also read that about sweeteners. I actually read an interesting article in a women's mag that says the reason people gain weight when using sweetener is they seem to think it gives them a green light to eat tons of food - since the sweetener is basically calorie-free. But the stuff we put it in is not calorie free. So if someone makes their favourite cake recipe and replaces the sugar with sweetener the mind thinks you can eat all you want and not gain weight. Essentially, it is causing us to eat more than we should. I'm guilty of using lots of sweetener - in my coffee, yoghurts, muffins - but I really can't say whether it makes me crave more sugary foods. I guess it doesn't if I haven't noticed :)

PV days don't make me hungrier when I only do 1, but I've been doing several in a row and I do seem to be hungrier now.

Hi hun
I found veggies just made me fuller for longer so you should be fine hunger wise
I also still go over my skimmed milk as I love it and if doesn't seem to hurt me! Skinny lattes keep me going!!
Well done on your loss that's fabulous! Xx

I've also read that about sweeteners. I actually read an interesting article in a women's mag that says the reason people gain weight when using sweetener is they seem to think it gives them a green light to eat tons of food - since the sweetener is basically calorie-free. But the stuff we put it in is not calorie free. So if someone makes their favourite cake recipe and replaces the sugar with sweetener the mind thinks you can eat all you want and not gain weight. Essentially, it is causing us to eat more than we should. I'm guilty of using lots of sweetener - in my coffee, yoghurts, muffins - but I really can't say whether it makes me crave more sugary foods. I guess it doesn't if I haven't noticed :)

PV days don't make me hungrier when I only do 1, but I've been doing several in a row and I do seem to be hungrier now.

Well done on your loss snugglepuss :D i'm not sure about the sweetner and sugar thing the only thing i have sweetner on is oatbran porridge i rather the taste of it like that, Personally I haven't been hungrier when doing PV compared to PP i just find that i look forward to having certain veg haha sorry if that wasn't much help and good luck tamara xx

hi guys thanks for all ur replies x hopefully i won't feel hungry either :rolleyes: i've got another question now lol i'm going on holiday on the 8th sept so will be on cruise stage how do u all cope eating out do u live on salads? sorry will probably have loads of questions through the stages ;) xx

8 tablespoons oat bran
4 tbsp wheat bran
pinch salt
1 tub (250g) ff quark
5 tbsp sweetener
3 whole eggs plus 1 egg white
1 tsp baking powder
lately been adding a packet of yeast (7g)
your choice of flavourings

Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Combine all other ingredients and fold in whites. Spoon into muffin form and bake at 190C about 15-20 min.
That said, I've become too lazy to beat the whites and so have been just mixing all of the above together in one whack. I guess I did something wrong once and they turned out weird, but now they're fine even without beating the whites. :)

THANKS TO CHEESEGIRL FOR THIS RECIPE IF I EAT TOO MANY I CAN BLAME YOU HA HA XX

Back