Dukan Microwave BREAD! Closest ever

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
Ok I'm blowing trumpets here, I had a recipe I found somewhere that was for Dukan Microwave Bread but it was a bit odd for me and i stopped using it.

Having learnt to put some ingredients into things following other dukan recipes I adapted it and came up with the following. Once cooled its the best texture bread i have used so far....and I've tried a few i can tell you.

MICROWAVE BREAD

1 Tbs Oatbran
½ Tbs Wheatbran (if you are on Attack or don't use wheatbran then use this as oatbran as well)
1½ Tbs Quark
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1½ Tbs Skim Milk Powder
1 Egg
pinch of salt (optional)

Mix all ingredients together, really well. Will look like very runny porridge at this stage.
Use a flat tub, I used a chinese tub, the plastic rectangular ones. Place a piece of greaseproof paper in the bottom other wise it will be near impossible to get the bread out.
Pour mix into tub and tap the tub carefully on a top to level out the mixture.
Microwave on full power 600W for 3mins
Take out of dish carefully so it doesn’t squash and leave to cool. I pull the sides of the tub away from the bread and then flip up on to wire rack. Remove the greaseproof straight away, peeling carefully.
This will look a lot like sponge cake, but once cooled can be sliced and toasted if you prefer.

I’ve had this toasted with lemon curd. Sliced with fried egg as a buttie. Sliced into fingers for dipping.

If you do this recipe and replace the salt with some sweetner and flavouring it makes a nice cake as well. Perfect for slicing into fingers and dipping in yogurt.

SEE POST #7 BELOW FOR ALTERATIONS THAT WORK JUST AS WELL.

Last edited:
Wow no egg?? Threw my wheatbran away the other day as it was out of date, im scared of those little bugs that hatch in flour.. Wheatbran might have them too!!

Wow no egg?? Threw my wheatbran away the other day as it was out of date, im scared of those little bugs that hatch in flour.. Wheatbran might have them too!!

Scrap my runbish observation lol

Ha zoe, i missed it reading it back too, had to check twice.

My wheatbran always end up out of date cos it lasts so so long. Never seen any of the buggies, i know what you mean about them, often end up throwing flour away.

I start cruise tomorrow, and I'm so excited about making bread and cakes! I'll be adding this to my list to try, I don't have a microwave though, so ill have to have a trip to the parents :D

It will freeze too, so make a few to put away. Flavour some for cake and you could have a weeks bread and cake within quarter of an hour LOL

Ok i am amending this recipe slightly. Today I made another batch of three 'loaves' to put in the freezer, but am down to my last tub of quark as asda didn't have any this morning. So i decided instead to use Fromage Frais and up the milk powder. Wow so glad I did. the 'loaf' rose higher and has a springier texture. very pleased with it.

So Instead of quark add fromage frais, 3tbs frais. And the Milk Powder up it to 2½tbs. Same as before, line a tin/tub/mould mix really really well, and then pour into tub. Tap on a worktop to level it out and microwave for 3mins on 600w. Turn out to cool.

Fabulous. I've been eating some of it with sweetened quark spread on half and lemon curd on the other and put together like a cake. very yummyilcious.

Hi there, can I ask about the skim milk powder? What are the sugar and fat levels in yours?
I'm trying to find a suitable one here in NZ but they're all like 13.9g of sugar even in the skimmed one!

Back