Dukan Newbie

Baileygirl

Happy New Year!

I'm starting Dukan in the morning. Had the books a little while but still not got to grips with it all.
I want to lose 3 stone, so attack will last 5-7 days, then I will do 1:1 PP/PV as I can't imagine I will cope without veg.

How do you keep it interesting? What about snacking? And how often should I weigh myself?

Also, how can I keep this cheap?

Any hints or tips would be gratefully appreciated.

I am 36, have 3 kids and work full time in the NHS so work shifts and often struggle with eating properly. I have previously lost 2 stone with WW, 5 stone with SW and most recently 21lbs with CC. Always slipping into bad habits and regaining lost weight. I need to reeducate myself and understand what my body responds to so am hoping Dukan will teach me that.

Sara

Welcome Bailey

Enjoy your Attack! 7 days seems long, have you tried the TW calculator on the Dukan website?

Check out the recipe boards for interesting meals and the gals' diaries for inspiration and motivation!

Look forward to getting to know you :D

P x

Hi Sara and welcome,

I have four stone to lose and have just done the Attack phase for 6 days, I think the average is 5 though? I like you have started as anything I've lost in the past just keeps going back on :rolleyes: but hopefully will re educate myself this time!! I enjoyed Attack and felt much better after 3 days, so well worth it.

Have a look at the very first sticky 'Dukan on a Budget' posted by a member who is bril at shopping! There's loads of tips on saving money when shopping - I've saved loads buying yellowed sticker stuff at the end of the day - and hoping to get to Aldi this week to save some more on veg for Cruise.

For work I tend to always have boiled eggs ready for snacking, a small tub of fat free greek yog, or sliced chicken. I'm not a great cook but the ideas in the recipe thread are fab..and the muffins are good to try too as you can adapt the flavours. Hoping to try these for wotk next week.

Hope this helps and good luck .... k xxx

welcome Sara and great advicev there from Kate good luck xxx and plan your meals in advance xxx

Thank you :)

Am planning as I type. Quite excited to start but also anxious about how difficult it might be.

I have the dukan diet and the dukan diet life plan books which suggests 7-10 days of attack if aim is to lose over 40lbs. I was planning to get to at least day 5, and then do the 7-10 if I can manage it. I've gained more than a stone this Christmas so definitely need to kick a***!!

I'm sure you'll be fine...the (only) advantage about 'holiday' weight is that it should (crosses fingers!) come off relatively quickly. Attack really helps you get rid of all the excess water especially.

Good luck, and as sididd said, plan plan plan. Spent most of today trawling through the recipe thread, making shopping lists and planning meals. Feel much better for the week ahead now.

xxx

Welcome an good luck!

There are lots of tips, recipes and support from the gang here to help you keep on track. Keep the books handy for reference an have a read through the diaries there are loads of inspirational stories that motivate and you dont feel alone in this struggle to lose weight x

Welcome, yes check out the budget thread, its more what and where to buy but its there for anyone to advice.

I plan all my menus a week in advance so that I have a shopping list. Mostly my family eat similar to me, though not as much of the fresh meats as we simply can't afford (hubby made redundant). I buy as cheap as I can and I do buy the value ranges as they don't really taste any different. My DD and DH still have mash and pasta and breaded stuff etc., if I do them breaded chicken pieces I have a chicken breast.

i do 1/1 as I can't do without the veg either, and so far I have lost 4 stone.

Lunches can be things like mini quiches / meatballs / patties / boiled eggs / salads PV obv / crabsticks / muffins / make dukan bread for the sandwiches

Good luck.

Thanks all. Well day 1 was a wash out due to copious amounts of Christmas food (we've only just had our Xmas as we were working) but between chucking out and gorging ourselves silly it's all gone now (I have a flu bug so was feeding a cold!! ;-) ). I'm ready to start today, hoping some normal food will kick these bugs too! So it's poached eggs and ham for breakfast, tuna quiche for lunch and still working on tea. X

My day so far;

Breakfast
2poached eggs and 3 slices cooked ham

Lunch
Salmon and tuna fish cakes (made with herbs and an egg to bind) 2 gherkins

Tea
Curried mince (garam masala, cumin, coriander, mixed herbs and onion)

Snacks
Ham slices

Drinks
4 coffee (decaf)
1 tea (decaf)
750mls weak cordial

Does this seem ok? I need to go shopping for supplies but even so it's quite hard to think of meal ideas.

Sounds good to me just go canny on the ham xxx

I regularly ate (and still do eat) tinned ham. I just don't have time for regular food shops so always stock up on tinned fish and meats for when the fresh stuff runs out.....I kept losing 2lbs a week which I was happy with......

There you go.....its done gw no harm xxx

I buy asda Smart Price ham, and occasionally Aldi thin ham. Esp nice in rolled up omlettes LOL

Hi girls I'm a dukan newbie too, I'm at the end of day 2, day 3 tomorrow. I'm craving quite abit at the moment I'm just hoping it gets easier. So far so good though x

I'm not seeing oatbran in your menu?

I'm not seeing oatbran in your menu?
I remembered half way through cooking so we made garlic and coriander naan-galette. It was quite nice but very eggy!

Day 2; Today I made the porridge... all 3 mouthfuls :eek: Think I need to go shopping (well my dw does as i'm horrible contagious lol)

Lunch will be poached eggs and cooked ham (slow cooked overnight) Still wondering what the issue is with ham, if anyone can explain please?

I think its meatballs for tea tonight.

I am delighted to have lost 2.8lbs overnight (which I know is fluid but even so!!) I am quite enjoying the challenge, although it can be a struggle in certain meals.

I can't stop eating, is this normal???

Day 2;
B: oat bran porridge (very nice, like ready brek but was a piddly amount, won't do that again!!)
L: gammon/ham slices (from joint, slow cooked) 2 boiled eggs
D: home made burgers & pickled onions
S: more ham and eggs, 1 pot of quark (sweetened)

Hungry again so I've just had to have 8 crab sticks and a large tub of fat free onken!!!

I have to say my wife is sat here with cheese biscuits and wine so I have pat myself on the back even if I have eaten too much of certain things!

Tell her that cruel lol, The thing is with ham and gammon and I will say that everyone is different but its the salt content it CAN give you water retention and packet meats have hidden salts and sugars too, so its just if your loss is not as good as you wish its an option to ditch the pork products and see if it helps good luck xxx

Back