welshbrummie

Forty next month, mother of 2 with 45lb to lose

I've been dieting for 3 years, have tried:

Slimming world. over 12mths
Lipotrim. 2 wks
Harcombe diet over 12mths
Atkins 3 mths
Primal Blueprint 2 mths

I have made a truly sincere effort at each of the above diets and failed (either unable to stick to them (lipotrim) or just not working for me (atkins/primal)

Now the journey has led me to the Dukan path - looks promising - i like the strict all or nothing approach - sometimes it's good to be told exactly what to do. Gonna give it my best shot.

I don't feel like I'm restricted on Dukan - there's freedom within the restrictions and I guess that's what I like best!

It's a great diet and a lovely community :) x

I'm a newbie too and find this site very helpfull.
On day 2 of two day attack phase. Will weigh in tomorrow to see what has been achieved on the attack phase. Looking forward to cruise phase. Going to do 1pp/1pv, should achieve true weight on 26th May, so here goes....

You'll beat that deadline easily!

Good luck!

Give Dukan a few weeks. Bizarrely, I'm finding it easier to stick to now than I did in the early weeks. I've found meals I enjoy, partly because my tastes have changed somewhat. And my other piece of advice is, don't restrict the amount of permitted foods you eat. I know as a serial dieter myself that it's hard to break the mindset of thinking you have to be hungry all the time.

Start a diary, so we can all follow your progress! x

WB this will be the diet for you. Good luck, drink plenty of water eat plenty of pure protein x

thanx folks for the encouragement.

I must say that i'm finding this diet great so far, i'm on day 5 and feel as tho i could easily go another 5.

Im gonna start a diary and do my waffling there :):):)

WB are your stats wrong, they don't say you have 45lb to lose? I was 40 in January and had previously told myself I would not be fat and 40. Well I started a bit late but I certainly won't be fat by the time I am at the end of the year :D.

Best of luck to you babe.

you and me both zakcat - sometime this year.
Stats updated beacause i now have some faith that i'm able to get to a healthy weight. So i have set a challenging but achievable goal, rather than just aiming for "less fat" lol

3 lbs down after two days on attack. Hoping a great surprise next Monday after first week. It will probably be slow as I've only 12 lbs to loose before 'True Weight', but I am going to keep going till May 26th. If you dont get to your 'true weight' by the predicted date do you continue on cruise phase?

Lyonsie fantastic, good Dukaning x

Going great WB.

I am finding it kind of hard finding my way around the site. Recipes (which people have tweaked) and some of the shortened words. Is there a 'recipe' section?
Down south in Ireland and cannot source many products that are easily available elsewhere. Non fat yoghurts etc. Found Quark today (bought 2 but dont like the taste), don't know what to do with it... any suggestions, please.

Hope everybody in Dukan Land is enjoying their journey... Keep up the good work....

Lyonsie.

Lyon your doing great,just read your post on Chris wall lovley to read, I wish you well on your Dukan journey, your doing the right things reading these fantastic ladies and gent diaries they are a great inspiration. Sts by the way is stayed the same Chris will be along shorty to answer your questions she is like so many helpful people on this site good choice of diet by you and your other half lol I know its difficult to get the 'baby weight' off ,mines 29/27 years ago tehehe

Good on you for getting back on the healthy eating bandwagon!

Im also a newbie and I cant wait to start a thread so I can share my progress- seems like a great community of people! :)

Thanks for replying Sididi, yes I am finding this site a great help. I agree, I think we have found a programme for life here... found out about it when we were in France for Easter from a French man we know. My OH was very impressed with him, so with a little encouragement from moi, and me deciding I could do without the 12lbs that was indicated on my entry on the 'dukan site', we are doing this as a team and its great for him too.

Finding the muffins and bread very hard going though, not to mention the porridge. My OH just 'gobbles' them all, but I'm afraid I have to chew everything until it is almost liquid, so I am sat there chewing forever.... Will keep going though....

heya lyonsie i only have a couple of pounds to shed too- how are you finding it? have you started cruise yet?

I did 4 days attack (10.2-9.12lbs) but then after one day of cruise i weighted 10.2 again :( maybe i did something very wrong!! lol x

Hello there 'Thebestme', I am finding this great, though would love a slice of toast with butter and marmalade. Started on a monday, did 2 days attack, lost 3lbs and by the following monday (weekly weigh in) I was down another 3lbs, so 6lbs the first week. 4lbs down this week.... Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... another 2lbs to loose over the next 26 days, so if I get a bit lower than 9st10lbs I will be delighted.

Keep it up, it is worth it...

Back