Cruise PV Dukan pig-out!

OneTwoFour

Losing it!
Just made a delicious Dukan friendly spicy shepherds pie type thing. It was so delicious I had three helpings!

Feel stuffed now, and as much as I'm mad at myself for pigging out, at least it was all on-plan.

Now I know why I tend to stick to boring food - otherwise I just go off on an eat fest.

Still got lots of pie left, can I have two PV days in a row or is that a bad plan?

If you want to have another PV day tomorrow, you can as you decide how to divide your PP and PV days. I tend to do 1/1 but others do 4/3.

it wasn't a pig out cos it was on plan - well done - no restrictions on plan remember!

I think Dukan is a bit of a scam. Its too high in animal protein, cholesterol and sat fat.

Im in China at the moment. All the skinny Chinese are living on steamed rice, veg and lots of fruit. Soy milk is big here. Im starting to look like a Chinaman on this veggie diet! Im also eating more than ever before. My cholesterol and uric acid levels are down too.

Very useful post primalmark. Thank you!

Thanks MTR. The more I read and travel around the world, the more scams I see in the diet world. I mean Im based in China here now and my clients are eating lots of pork and eggs etc and they are getting fatter. Then I go out to the country on my days off and just sit at the vegetarian resturants and feast on steamed rice, fruit and veg. No oil, no animal. All the chefs and waiters are trim. All the patrons are too. They are vegan thru religion and eat very basic food and have zero weight issues.

Its our mistake in the west to base our diet on animal products. We just increase our body fat levels by consuming the body fat of other creatures. As an animal lover, a vegan diet tastes even better. Im constantly shocked at how tasty plants can be!

I keep my fat under 10% of total calories but eat UNLIMITED carbs. Ive drop a lot of weight this year. Its been life changing.

Good luck with your weight loss.

Most of us have tried most things to end up here on this diet, so please respect our choice and wish us luck too!
x

This happens to me too! If I make a family style big dish for freezing, I tend to eat lots of it!

A Shepard's pie sounds nice! Did you use celariac or cauliflower for the "mash"? Or in fact neither? I've got a pack of mince defrosting now . .

I think Dukan is a bit of a scam. Its too high in animal protein, cholesterol and sat fat.

Im in China at the moment. All the skinny Chinese are living on steamed rice, veg and lots of fruit. Soy milk is big here. Im starting to look like a Chinaman on this veggie diet! Im also eating more than ever before. My cholesterol and uric acid levels are down too.
:confused:......glad you're doing fine on your way of eating hun, but so are Dukaneers here :D Not being funny but it's not really productive to come on a slag off a way of eating if it's helping others! I know you may not have meant it to sound that way but it does!!! I for one aren't getting scammed lol We only give positive vibes around here :p
1 2 4, I do mine with pureed cauli....heaven
Jackie xx

Before starting this diet, I wasn't vegeterian but avoided meat as much as I can (no red meat, just chicken where no other option) None of the calorie control based diets worked for me. Worked for a while in the beginning, then I gave up and the weight piled back on..
I didn't have any red meat during DD, mostly I had fish..
DD is definitely not a scam.. It worked for me like no other diet did..
I am volunteering for animal welfare where I am, believe me it hurts me everytime I think of eating an animal.. But.. I really believe eating meat is part of our nature and we are designed as omnivoires..
Your way sounds good to me, I would prefer eating carbs and still losing weight but it just didn't work for me cause I couldn't limit the quantity after the diet part is over.. (If I could limit the quantity I wouldn't be overweight in the first place:eek: )
For your Chinese people example, I would say they don't have snacks between meals, they don't have chocolate mousse or cheese cake and the variety of candies/chips etc. They don't use cheese or cream which is almost in every dish around here. And genetics also is a factor.

I would like to hear more about what you did to lose this amount of weight on carbs if it is not unlimited, never heard of such a diet. :)

I think environment is key too. Dukan is designed and adapted for western culture and taste, so that's why it's effective (at least for me!). Can you imagine finding fat-free greek yoghurt in China? Didn't see any when I was there.

As always, you have to find the diet that is right for you.

I was vegetarian for 5 years... during this time I gained so much weigh...
Dukan diet works like a charm for me.
And I still hope that when I reach "Stabilization" I would be able to return to a mainly vegetarian diet...but without gaining any weight back.

124 :)
I ate a lot of food today because it was a PV day and I miss vegetables....
But then again, quantities are not limited with this diet...

Proteins + vegetables + oat bran
:) I'd say it is a good diet.
Thank you, Dr Pierre Dukan.

Back