Dukan Special Exercise

Paulinegin

Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone does this twice daily exercise? It's detailed in the Life Plan book.

Seems like a faff to me but I am a self-confessed lazybones ....!

P x

The book has the last chapter describing the exercises too, I only discovered that after conso! I could just not really make head or tail of them, I think something got lost in translation... My mum (successfully stabilised last spring after losing about 2 stone) does them, or a version, every morning and swears they keep her 'fit'.

From the Life Plan Book:

My Dukan special exercise

Ths exercise works the thighs, shoulders and dorsal (back) muscles and you do it in bed once before you go to tsleep and once before you get up.

At the top of your bed, position a pillow against the wall and lean a cushion on the pillow to make a 45 degree inclined plane
Move yourself into a seated position so that your chest follows the same angle/incline as your cushion. Bend your knees to almost 90 degrees.
Raise yourself from your inclined position into a vertical position and go down again until you touch the back of the cushion. Do this exercise between 10 and 30 times in succession.
As soon as you feel your stomach muscles getting tired, alter the exercise. Raise your chest up by pulling up only with your arms. The benefit of this is that you can let your stomach rest while your arms work and you can continue this simple, quick exercise without getting tired. And once your biceps start to warm up, you can use your stomach muscles again.
Start off by doing this 15 times in the morning and 15 times at night. The goal, which is easily achievable, is to manage to do this, within a few days or weeks, 200 times in the morning and 200 times at night, in a session that lasts no more than a few minutes.

What is so 'special' about this exercise?

It exercises the muscles around your stomach that naturally, in both men and women, go slack with age. it tenses y our arm muscles, where you see the first signs of any slackening in the skin. it also works the thighs, shoulders and back muscles. And you can do it in bed.

So, if you were to do just one exercise, it should be this one.

Blimey, I'm kn*ckered just typing it! :p Is it a sort of lying-in-bed-half-hearted-sit-up?!

P x

Hahaha just got my book today think I'll give that a miss, sounds like hard work even if its in bed.

My eyes glazed over before reading the first sentence of that, ergo, no, I shall not be partaking :)

I don't bother with them, but then I've been at the gym 5 times this week, so think I get my fair shair of exercising without having to do it in bed as well!!

Plus with an active toddler my sleep is far too precious! ;)

From the Life Plan Book:

My Dukan special exercise

Ths exercise works the thighs, shoulders and dorsal (back) muscles and you do it in bed once before you go to tsleep and once before you get up.

At the top of your bed, position a pillow against the wall and lean a cushion on the pillow to make a 45 degree inclined plane
Move yourself into a seated position so that your chest follows the same angle/incline as your cushion. Bend your knees to almost 90 degrees.
Raise yourself from your inclined position into a vertical position and go down again until you touch the back of the cushion. Do this exercise between 10 and 30 times in succession.
As soon as you feel your stomach muscles getting tired, alter the exercise. Raise your chest up by pulling up only with your arms. The benefit of this is that you can let your stomach rest while your arms work and you can continue this simple, quick exercise without getting tired. And once your biceps start to warm up, you can use your stomach muscles again.
Start off by doing this 15 times in the morning and 15 times at night. The goal, which is easily achievable, is to manage to do this, within a few days or weeks, 200 times in the morning and 200 times at night, in a session that lasts no more than a few minutes.

What is so 'special' about this exercise?

It exercises the muscles around your stomach that naturally, in both men and women, go slack with age. it tenses y our arm muscles, where you see the first signs of any slackening in the skin. it also works the thighs, shoulders and back muscles. And you can do it in bed.

So, if you were to do just one exercise, it should be this one.

Blimey, I'm kn*ckered just typing it! :p Is it a sort of lying-in-bed-half-hearted-sit-up?!

P x

Does this mean that you go from a semi-sitting position in bed to a standing position? You would need a very 'firm' mattress to do this?
Has anyone actually filmed these being done? I would love to see them done on 'You tube'.... maybe someone in contact with the 'Dukan site' might ask for a demo... I still cant imagine the logistics...

Please....

Glammy hahaha you devil lol

Back