Attack Dukan starter

Vampyra

I bought the Dukan diet and recipe book recently. Last year I lost 1 stone on Go Lower (now under a new name, cant think what its called now). Managed to keep it off until this Christmas but put a few pounds on. Go Lower was pretty expensive, so Im wondering how costly the Dukan diet is. I was thinking of just following the book and not going for the counselling part.
However, how will I get to find out my "true weight" as it only appears to offer this free if you sign uo for the whole kit and caboodle!

I need to lose a couple of stone so would five days on attack be about right, then cruise?

Where is best place to buy oat and wheatbran and does it keep well? Considering buying a bulk amount if so.

and lastly, any useful tips and will I feel ill? Lol

Many thanks for any replies.

You just give your email for the true weight calculation you don't need to pay. Most folk here just use the book. You've posted this on the recipes forum rather than the main one so it may not get so many replies! Look at the stickies for more dukan info!! X

Thanks for reply. Yes I realised after that I had posted on wrong area. Will try and repost but having a little trouble moving around forums on ipad.

thanks pierce.

welcome Vamp, cool name BTW.

If you go to the official dukan site, you can use the calculator by only signing up a registration, no money is exchanged nor asked for. I have done it twice as Iforgot my sign in LOL, here is the link it asks a few questions and then will tell you how long to do attack for and how long it expects you to be on cruisee....so far for me its pretty spot on (apart from christmas...oops)

its only expensive in that you buy a lot of meat, but it gets nearly out weighed by the lack of bread, pasta, potatoes, crisps, sweets, rubbish stuff. give it a go for a few weeks and see how you go.

Thanks Pierce and thanks for reply Dukanotsofatty!

thanks pierce.

welcome Vamp, cool name BTW.

If you go to the official dukan site, you can use the calculator by only signing up a registration, no money is exchanged nor asked for. I have done it twice as Iforgot my sign in LOL, here is the link it asks a few questions and then will tell you how long to do attack for and how long it expects you to be on cruisee....so far for me its pretty spot on (apart from christmas...oops)

its only expensive in that you buy a lot of meat, but it gets nearly out weighed by the lack of bread, pasta, potatoes, crisps, sweets, rubbish stuff. give it a go for a few weeks and see how you go.

Hi there....

got my name when I worked as a phlebotomist....patients would say "heres the vampire"! Lol Glad you like it
Ive done what you said and got my true weight....aaaarrrgh! I was in my twenties when I last weighed that! Middle age, two daughters later and a speight of ill-health have taken their toll and so here I am. Ready to give it a go though and went to Tesco after work to stock up, starting tomorrow....simply to give myself time to prep food for when I get in after work. I think lunchtimes will be more difficult due to job and sandwiches are so easy! Will just be eating slices lean ham and chicken and yogurt until I get going. Managed to get oatbran but no wheatbran. Where do you all buy it from?

I saw your stats, you have done brilliantly.....4 stones lost by beg of December, I hope to do as well.

Happy New Year btw!

Hi I buy my wheat bran from holland and barret. They deliver at £1.99 so cheaper than parking and also sell a range of Dukan goodies for when your out of attack. good luck xxx

Wheatbran

Hi I buy my wheat bran from holland and barret. They deliver at £1.99 so cheaper than parking and also sell a range of Dukan goodies for when your out of attack. good luck xxx

thanks Sididd....I will go into H and B on Saturday when in town to get some and see what else theyve got. starting Dukan tomorrow, cant wait to get going.

Best diet ever xxx

Ditto sid, H&B for Oatbran and wheatbran, though someone has posted that Aldi have it on special from tomorrow.

Good luck to you V...once you get in the swing and discover your 'go to' foods when no time, you will find the plan pretty simple...and the results will motive...you just have to stick to the plan because that is what makes it work.

Happy Day!

Full but not satisfied!

Good luck to you V...once you get in the swing and discover your 'go to' foods when no time, you will find the plan pretty simple...and the results will motive...you just have to stick to the plan because that is what makes it work.

Happy Day!

Hi. Thanks for support. Not sure if Im doing things right.....had tablespoon oat bran as porridge for breakfast...not bad.....had slice of thick cut lean ham and slice of chicken (prepack) for lunch, was a bit naughty as I had one oykos yogurt left in fridge so as first day thought I would use it up and then no more....for tea I had some seabass steamed and I made a savoury galette in the microwave. I made the lisolene dessert but found it a bit strange, rather like part souffle and part pancake, it was rather rubbery as it cooled. Not to be downhearted, I decided to make muffins so that I can take one to work....couldnt get low fat fromage frais from tescos so used half quark and half creme fraiche. didnt have wheat bran so used all oatbran. They looked to be cooking well but taking them out, they seem rather rubbery too.

Ive prep'd some chicken thighs to make tandoori style chicken for tea tomorrow....hope this tastes ok.

Im usually a good cook so whats happened?

Have you been doing this diet for long? how are you finding it? How long do you stick to attack? !

I did attack for 7 days but i have 6 half stone to lose, others did it for 2 days, all depends on what Dr D site suggests....anyone can do the calculator.

Its trial and error with most of the oatbran stuff, don't forgot to only stick to your allowances though....on attack you can have 1.5tbsp a day. On cruise its 2tbsp

I make my muffins/bread in the microwave at the moment as its quicker. I'll post up a recipe, its based on another great dukaner on here, she has some ace recieps. Look on Dukan ranger thread.

I started mid Jun and excpet to be following till at least April. Then onto Conso.

I use anything I have to add to the eggs, be it quark, frais, yog. I like sweet omlette. 1 Egg, 1tbsp of yogurt, sweetner to taste, then fry in small drops, taste very pancakey.

Hi vamp hows it going?????

Hiya vamp! Don't think your allowed wheat bran until cruise as a tolerated item... Make no pastry quiches with cottage cheese for lunch as well as chicken and cottage cheese this was great for me for lunch. No sugar quiches were great and lots of yogurt!

Hi vamp hows it going?????

Thanks for asking . I typed a reply at teatime both to you and jelliebabe but for some reason it didnt send. All that typing for nothing. Lol.

After a bit of a bad start with the pudding and muffins going straight into the bin....yes, yes they were that bad, muffins rubbery ?? Today has been a better day I think. Friday I had oatbran porridge for breakfast, three very small tikka chicken thighs for lunch and the same again for tea. Only reason being couldnt be bothered freezing them. Hehe. Had three cups tea and two glasses water.

Today was a bad start as we overslept and rushed out to take car which needed some work on it, got a buckled tyre apparently . so missed breakfast. Had couple slices ham and tablespoon low fat cottage cheese for lunch. Tea had small fillet of trout and a small piece of poached salmon. i added tablespoon of quark to the milk and added some chopped parsley and lemon to make a kinda sauce.

again ive had four cups decaff tea and two glasses water. I realise I need to up my water intake....working on it, but I take tablets for high blood pressure and its bad enough in the morning needing to pee without having to get up in the middle of the night

Dr Dukan said do Attack for two days but ive done it for three, starting cruise tomorrow and looking forward to chicken and veg and to alternating days. I was 11'8lbs and today on scales Im 11'1.7lbs. (Sorry my age group was imperial not metric I dont do kilos !). Cant believe ive lost nearly 7lbs in just three days and I wasnt even sure I was doing things right??

Have to own up that I havent been walking for half an hour either but my job does keep me on the move.

Im defo in this for the long run, bought new all singing all dancing scales today. Only wanted cheapuns but hubby said to getn these cool glass ones that tell body mass and body water as well as weight. what is it with men and gadgets eh? Also went to Holland and Barratt and got two packs oatbran, pack wheatbran and some linseeds. got given a discount card which will be useful. Young lady very helpful.

i notice how successful youve been, did you find it easy, partic in the early stages....I dont think I could stay on Attack phase for a length of time, even tho hubby thinks it a good idea to carry it on for a couple more days. Not quite sure how to take that! I want to get down to around 9 stones, I would be happy with that at 57, its a weight I felt comfortable at. My true weight according to Dr.Dukan is 8'13lbs so its as near as dammit is to swearing! Lol Haha theres only a pound difference. I HAVE to lose weight so I can come off bp tablets and look be tter in a swimsuit.

Well I guess you wish you hadnt asked how Im doing now, sorry about the diatribe but its nice to chat with likeminded dieters, sometimes family, friends etc just dont get it!

So, whereabouts in the chain of dieting are you now....conso? do you think you can stick with the dukan way of eating for life? for me, it will have to be, I cant stay like this. ;0(

Hiya vamp! Don't think your allowed wheat bran until cruise as a tolerated item... Make no pastry quiches with cottage cheese for lunch as well as chicken and cottage cheese this was great for me for lunch. No sugar quiches were great and lots of yogurt!

Hi Jelliebabe, Im starting cruise tomorrow so ive got the wheatbran in readiness. Not entirely sure how it differs to the oatbran tho?? Thanks about the quiches, havent tried one yet but thort might be good for work lunchtime...do they actually stay together? Bet mine falls apart! Lol. Ive bought Total yogurt as it said 0% fat and i made some lemon curd as per recipe section. However, mine tastes bitter....I got Candarel Green with stevia. What is the best sweetener to use? I notice Dr Dukans recipes also use liquid sweetener but Ive not seen any in the supermarkets??

The quiches are great and yes they stick together! I've only had one that didn't and I think I only had two eggs. I'll make one on Sunday and v then I've got two lunches ready with cottage cheese on a pp day and salad on a PV. Tunas nice and salmon or spicy mince too! No ideas about difference with oat and wheat bran perhaps one is higher in carbs! Have them though add they dooooooo keep you regular!

Vamp I read your food intake and hunni I don't think you are eating enough. Small thighs, tablespoons of cottage cheese, its just not enough. On a PP day I would use two chicken breasts just for me and when using cottage cheese I eat at least half the tub in one sitting.
Salmon i defrost two portions for PP days and 1 for PV with salads....or veg.

My lunch today for instance, I had half a tub of crab with my dukan bread, then a full pack of beef slices (10) with a fromage frais dip. Tea was 6 turkey rashers, two turkey sausages and two fried eggs. supper was half tub of greek yog and a small tub of mussells. (porridge and yog for breakfast)

The idea with this diet is to eat until you are full, of protein, you should never be hungry.

Quiches are ace for lunches on their own and with a lovely salad on a PV day. I use two eggs and half a tub of cottage cheese and add ham or chicken or veggies, cook in oven for at least half an hour. The egg is what keeps it together, lovely cold or warm. I've done salmon and prawn mini ones before now, get silicon muffin moulds cos they dno't stick as much.

Lemon curd needs quite a bit of sweetner, i do a double portion, so two eggs and always add at least 6 tbspn of sweetner.

Bread and muffins never seem the same as normal buns and bread, but they still taste ok, my recipe I posted the other day, the bread is more like light sponge cake, when doing the muffins in the oven they ar quite stodgy feeling, but arent really. I love em all, excellent to have on hand.

Back