Dukan swiss roll...

Maintainer

** Chief WITCH **
A friend on Slimming World passed me this recipe yesterday for an almost syn free cake which might be worth a try... I'll post it here as someone else is more likely to try it before me!

IMG_2053.JPG

It's not a 'cake' as such, but it's a great way to satisfy a sweet or cake craving.
Serves 1-6 (depending on how greedy you're feeling!)

Ingredients:
100g quark
4 eggs (perhaps lose a yolk or two?)
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 x 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
200g fat free fromage frais

filling... I'm thinking test something with sugar free jelly...
(or, for a special occasion, using the 1 teaspoon tolerated low fat cocoa powder sparingly?... Other ideas?

Method:
  1. Separate the eggs and beat the whites until stiff
  2. In another bowl, mix the yolks, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, baking powder, quark and 4 tablespoons of the sweetener
  3. Whisk half of the egg whites into the yolks mixture, then carefully fold in the rest
  4. Pour mixture into a tray lined with baking paper. Bake in a pre-heated 180C oven for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked
  5. Mix the fromage frais, 1 tablespoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  6. Spread the fromage frais mixture over the cooled cake and top with [almost set jelly?] OR if on Conso... fruit
  7. Roll up and serve
(Almost) Syn-free Cake | Low Syn Life

I remember seeing this on the SW recipe thread, I tried making the base into muffins but it's too light!

Was being lazy as didnt have any baking paper lol

Want to give it a go but Id end up eating the whole lot!

thanks for the recipe Jo looks yum - baking muffins tomorrow for the week so will have a go at this too

oh my lordy, that looks deeelish!

..think i'd struggle to stop at one piece though..:17729:

curvygirlie said:
oh my lordy, that looks deeelish!

..think i'd struggle to stop at one piece though..:17729:

U could eat the whole thing if u hadnt had many eggs already!! Id want to make it last i think, special treat every day!

definitely gonna give it a go - i struggle the most with dukan friendly desserts, seem to have got stuck with just having flavoured and sweetened FF yoghurt...

can't wait 4 summer! Now i'm on Conso I can use our homegrown strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and redcurrants to their full advantage.....:flirt2:

curvygirlie said:
definitely gonna give it a go - i struggle the most with dukan friendly desserts, seem to have got stuck with just having flavoured and sweetened FF yoghurt...

can't wait 4 summer! Now i'm on Conso I can use our homegrown strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and redcurrants to their full advantage.....:flirt2:

I am very jealous but hopefully not long til conso for me!!

I am on SW and made this this week...it doesn't keep over night well! Maybe just do half size for a 1-day eat (depending on how many people in yr house will eat it!)
Could only suggest a square cake tin for the smaller size?! Someone I know made it into 2 sandwhich tins and stacked instead of rolled and it worked well to!!

curvygirlie said:
Does it go soggy?

Yeah I think that's the best way to describe it!
If it had been a thicker cake I guess the word would be 'sad' or stodgy...

Let's just say it wasn't too good the day after, don't get mr wrong, I ate it lol

hmm, damned good excuse to eat it all in one day then..:flirt2:

OMG just saw this - gonna make it today with an extra lite philly middle with vanilla and orange or strawberry flavouring!!! YAHOOOOOO!

be nice with coffee flavoured quark filling

Back