Dukan Take Aways

Discussion in 'Dukan Diet' started by Lil_Mrs_Sunshine, 5 May 2011 Social URL.

Post New ThreadFind New
  1. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    The chicken and bacon grilled salad from McDonalds claims to have low carbohydrates and low fat - would this be Dukan friendly minus any sauce.

Subway - they do salad bowls with a choice of meat (chicken breast, ham). I am guessing these could be tweaked so that they are Dukan friendly too?

Has anyone eaten at such restaurants while following the diet?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. m-mouse

m-mouse Not very good at this!

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(30.28%)
    Diet:
    dukan - conso
    I wouldn't risk it - make and take your own lunch - surely these are the kind of places we should be avoiding?

4. Atropos

Atropos Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.41%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Don't trust McDonalds.

These are just some of the the ingredients listed for their Chicken and Bacon salad.

Wheat Flour
    Vegetable Oil
    Breadcrumbs
    Maize Starch,
    Potato Starch
    non-hydrogenated vegetable oil

If I need a quick takeaway lunch I just buy chicken bits or prawns from the nearest supermaket with a small bag of salad leaves - that way I know exactly what I am eating, and I get more for my money too.

r

5. Louise xx

Louise xx Full Member

I always have the subway salad it's massive with extra turkey breast. I always assumed this was ok

I would avoid anything from mcdonalds though

6. anjuschka

anjuschka Dukan Ancestor!!

Start Weight:
    76kg
    Current Weight:
    66.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    64kg
    Lost(%):
    9.7kg(12.77%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Dukan (Stabilized)
    I've not tried either but I agree - stay clear of McD, and the subway ones do look okay (chicken or turkey only really), obviously NO DRESSING and don't have the olives either. They don't post exact ingredients, unless maybe elsewhere on the site where the meat are listed in breakdown, because if there are hidden fats and carbs that's where they will be.

SUBWAY - Eat Fresh | Menu | Salad's & Wraps

7. Emms24

Emms24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st3lb
    Current Weight:
    15st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(17.47%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Yeah I would stay well clear of mcdonalds. Not sure about subway though.

I always have a 'team lunch' with my team at work one every two weeks and we have taken to going to nandos. Mainly coz I can't go anywhere else (now the mussells are no longer in season :( ) I just have a half chicken or a chicken breast but don't eat the skin or sauce (as that is the most fattening part apparently) on a PV day I have a fino salad with it too. It's not as boring as it sounds.

But as others have said I also nip to a local supermarket and buy some prawns or chicken or smoked salmon/mackrel I usually do that if I haven't done my weekly shop yet or fancy an afternoon snack.

X

8. jaqys

jaqys Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    low carb
    I go to a local burrito place which does a salad box, with steak or chicken and pico del gallo and salsa (though don't always risk that), it's a bit like having a subway salad with tastier meat.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.