Dukan to Slimming World

Jade25

Hi everyone
I've been doing the dukan diet since last August and have lost 2 stone. Unfortunatlely I've not been able to get back on track properly since Christmas so I've decided to try slimming world and have my first meeting tomorrow. My weakness is my sweet tooth and I understand u are allowed occasional treats on SW so I hope I can keep at it! Anyone got any top tips or advice?
Anyone else switched to SW from dukan?

Jade x

I have never heard of dukan? Welcome though. SW is my favourite diet by far and it's not even a diet! It's a healthy eating lifestyle change :D

Hey I've Doberman dukan for a bit of a detox at one point for around a month. If you find the limiting of carbs to be useful for you you may wanna look into ted days when you settle on the diet however don't be scared of the amount of rice, pasta and pots you can eat on EE. If you follow the plan and have your superfree (you'll find out about this when you start) you'll see great results. Best advice would be to really trust in the plan this first week-make sure you have your hex's, syns and superfree and eat until you are satisfied!

Can't wait to hear how you get on,

X

I am considering switching to SW from Dukan which I stopped on Friday as I had a really tough time on it. Made your mind up yet?

I_dream_slim said:
Hey I've Doberman dukan for a bit of a detox at one point for around a month. If you find the limiting of carbs to be useful for you you may wanna look into ted days when you settle on the diet however don't be scared of the amount of rice, pasta and pots you can eat on EE. If you follow the plan and have your superfree (you'll find out about this when you start) you'll see great results. Best advice would be to really trust in the plan this first week-make sure you have your hex's, syns and superfree and eat until you are satisfied!

Can't wait to hear how you get on,

X

Thanks for the advice, I am a bit scared of all the carbs tbh but lookin forward to being able to eat the same as the family again. I'll let u know how my first week goes!

sammyzip50 said:
I am considering switching to SW from Dukan which I stopped on Friday as I had a really tough time on it. Made your mind up yet?

Yeah I'm definitely going for it. I'm just going to slowly start reintroducing carbs so that I don't end up gaining, sort of like my own version of conso. How long we're u on dukan, did u lose much?

You really do need to introduce the carbs slowly if you've been on Dukan. I'd suggest that oyu do Red days initially - you can eat as much lean meat & fish as you need, plus as much fruit and non starchly veg as you need on red days. You can then have meansured amounts of fibre and protein. I'd probably stear clear of bread initially (even if you are a carbs lover Bread can make you bloat a bit) and also maybe try to ensure your fruit & veg intake is mostly veg, as fruit has more carbs in it.
Above all, try to have as much variety as possible!

Thanks kingleds I'll keep that in mind. I've not been sticking to dukan well for a while so hopefully the carb won't be too much of a shock to the system when I start eating them again. The best thing I've got out of dukan is that I don't love bread and pasta as much as I used to. Really looking forward to the extra variety on SW!

I did Dukan for a about 5 weeks before switching to slimming world. I lost around a stone on Dukan but found it quite difficult fitting it in with family life even though it was very effective, so switched to slimming world. My losses have been small and steady with slimming world - however I'm happy with this as I don't feel like I'm on a diet, I don't feel deprived at all so for me it's easily sustainable. I agree with the above comments to go easy on the carbs for the first couple of weeks.

Hi Jade,

I did Dukan for two weeks and lost 6 pounds stopped on Friday and slowly introduced veg and
fruit and had acid reflux for a couple of days. I had a bad time on Dukan otherwise I would have continued. Anyway I think the red days are probably good for me with limited carbs. I weighed this morning and I'm 4 pounds heavier. I think this is the water weight I lost with Dukan, body adjusting, was on two flights yesterday and TOTM this weekend so hoping on Monday the weight will level out.

Watch this space as getting info from a friend tomorrow night. Looks like the web only gives more info if you sign up. Also no groups for me,I'm in Singapore. The only groups they have here is eating groups!

Good Luck!

Sammy

My mum and her friends have tried Dukan recently. My mum really struggled with it and it made her very ill. She is extremely active as she's a professional dog walker. When on Dukan she got very run down, tired and had no energy. She is now switching to SW as she can eat a lot more on it and therefore not get so tired from lack of food and nutrients. We have both done Rosemary Conley in the past an we're successful. My issue is that I LOVE SW as you can eat so much (I really love the eating plan) however I am doing it from home as our local consultant is rubbish. Our Rosemary Conley group consultant is fantastic and I love the exercise classes are fab! If I could combine the two I would be onto a winner lol. I think long term SW combined with regular exercise is definitely the best option, especially if like me you have quite a lot to loose (3st 9lbs)
Sorry for the long post, hope it helped x

HI Sully,

Sounds like your mum's experience on Dukan mirrors mine. I felt so ill on Dukan and I was way past carb withdrawl and going into ketosis. I am thinking about SW and get the info tonight. Glad to hear it's been a good option for you. I have about under 3 stones to lose. Planning for christmas to be the start of my glam time!

Hey Sammy,

Yeah my mum was not good at all. She only tried it for a couple of weeks! I think it's probably ok short term but not great for long term weight loss. I have 3st 9lb to loose and have also set Christmas as my goal. Although I'm not putting myself on a strict deadline, I'll get there when I get there lol but would be nice to have some lovely Christmas photos this year x

I still think dukan is great, I didn't get I'll on it and u can eat as much as u like of all the allowed foods. The only reason I'm switching is that I keep giving in to my sugar cravings, it's an expensive diet to follow too so the fact I'm not sticking to it means I'm wasting money. I Lost 2 stone in 3 months on it but haven't lost anything since christmas - well I have, only to put it bak on again. I've got a stone and a half left to lose

Back