dukan vs Da Vinci syrups and flavourings

jezzebell

Hi All

has anyone tried both of these flavourings? I have been buying the da vinci sugar free carb free syrups. I use the coconut ones to make curry's and the cookie dough ones in yoghurt's but they have been out of stock of the coconut one for ages now.

Has anyone tried the dukan ones? how much do you need as the bottle is tiny compared to da vinci. for a curry i was using around 4 tbsps (this is for 2 people) but only around 2 tsps of it in a yoghurt, for comparison

I think the main difference is that da Vinci produce a lighter syrup with the sweetening already added, whereas Dukan give you just the neat flavours to which you can add sweetener if required. The latter is much more concentrated and even though the bottle is small, it lasts for ages. I've tried both in caramel flavours only, and my personal preference is for Dukan - I prefer to chose the type of sweetener (not keen on Sucralose) and I don't like it as sweet as da vinci make it.
With the caramel, I barely use a teaspoon in a yoghurt, plus a teaspoon of xylitol sweetener, and that's plenty of flavour for me. All down to personal taste I think.

Back