Dukan WILL get me to goal

maddie_tc

So i have been on a fair share of diets the past year but never really managed to change my (unhealthy!) relationship to food, some ppl suggested just to cut out carbs and minimise fat- basically eat as much clean protein as I wanted...soon realised it sounded like dukan, got the book and now for the past 2weeks I have been fallowing this way of eating and I feel great! I'm a chocoloholic and a binge eater (bad combination!!) and I'm so surprised at how my sugar craving has just disappeared!! Mind you, if I go tooooo many hours without a decent meal than I do crave carbs but I don't let that happen, it feels like the biggest weight on my shoulders has been dropped as I'm not constantly craving chocolate!!! I do have a few questions for all u lovely ppl out there:

1. Can I have a (skinny) latte from costa on a daily basis? (has become my saviour!)

2. I'm perfectly satisfied with the foods on pp days and don't crave any veggies, is it ok to do more pp days than pv?

3. I don't find my self doing Daily walks can I compensate that by doing 3-4 high intensity gym sessions/week?

Thanks for taking time out and reading through this and I sure will e bk with more questions :) I need to reach target once and for all but most importantly change my way of thinking!

Been reading through all ur amazing success stories and I'm SO impressed!! Keep it up u guys!!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi maddie_tc , i think that this is the perfect diet for a chocoholic, of any food addict of any kind. As long as you stick to the rules, it knocks those cravings out completely, which is fantastic and makes loosing weight so much easier.

• In answer to your questions, a skinny latte should be fine. I feel if you find something you enjoy, hasn't affected your weight loss and doesn't bring on any cravings then knock yourself out! It's just skimmed milk anyway so no problem (unless you load it with sugar!)

You should have a balance of pp/pv days to help keep you regular! But also to make sure your getting all the vitamins you need. Too much pp would also put a big strain on your kidneys, so stay healthy and eat those veggies. ( Try cutting butternut squash into potatoe like pieces, a quick speay of 1 cal and roasting. Taste like roast potatoes....awesome!)

Dukan suggests the walk for the minimum amount of exercise required. Your doing over and above that so thats fine :)

Hope this helps xx

Hi Maddie
best diet ever in my opinion - its not really a diet its a 'sort your head out' plan you just happen to lose weight too :)

Hi maddie i was a chocoholic too - i couldnt be sensible with it neither - a little was not enough for me i used to go stupid with it - i started dukan just over a year ago and ive not touched it since and it doesnt bother me now - ive just gone into conso and im still gonna stay well clear! I know chocolate was one of the reasons i got so big in the first place and dr d has proved to me i can live without it - good luck on your journey this is the best diet ever!

tryin again said:
Hi maddie_tc , i think that this is the perfect diet for a chocoholic, of any food addict of any kind. As long as you stick to the rules, it knocks those cravings out completely, which is fantastic and makes loosing weight so much easier.

In answer to your questions, a skinny latte should be fine. I feel if you find something you enjoy, hasn't affected your weight loss and doesn't bring on any cravings then knock yourself out! It's just skimmed milk anyway so no problem (unless you load it with sugar!)

You should have a balance of pp/pv days to help keep you regular! But also to make sure your getting all the vitamins you need. Too much pp would also put a big strain on your kidneys, so stay healthy and eat those veggies. ( Try cutting butternut squash into potatoe like pieces, a quick speay of 1 cal and roasting. Taste like roast potatoes....awesome!)

Dukan suggests the walk for the minimum amount of exercise required. Your doing over and above that so thats fine :)

Hope this helps xx

Thanks tryin again! Yay for the latte :) I definitely don't put any sugar in it!

Roasted butternut squash sounds lush, this may sound silly but I'm scared to try nice veggie recepies as I'd hate to miss something on my pp days as I'm so comfortable at the moment :( but ur right I need the vitamins and def need to get regular!!

So even if some days I'm not doing any walking or exercise I should be ok as I do go gym 4times/week Yaaay- off I am to the gym now :)

Scooter you made my day! I was shocked at the fact that I haven't had a chocolate cravings for 2 week, but a whole year?? Wow amazing!! You know some ppl feel naughty if they have a small bar of chocolate a day?? Well I used to bake brownies and cookies almost daily and have 8-10 large servings EASILY!! Chocolate was a killer!! Im so extremely excited abt this yourney :) thanks all!!

xx

You can do this maddie xx just make sure you have things handy incase you need something sweet - my saviours were sugar free jelly - i make it up let it set then mix it with ff natural yoghurt - muffins i have every day and quark with sweetner mixed in!- tastes like fresh cream!! I go thro a pot of quark every day!! Love it - im going on holiday to spain soon and panicing i wont be able to get it over there!!! Anyone know what spanish for quark is? :)

scooter said:
You can do this maddie xx just make sure you have things handy incase you need something sweet - my saviours were sugar free jelly - i make it up let it set then mix it with ff natural yoghurt - muffins i have every day and quark with sweetner mixed in!- tastes like fresh cream!! I go thro a pot of quark every day!! Love it - im going on holiday to spain soon and panicing i wont be able to get it over there!!! Anyone know what spanish for quark is? :)

Thanks scooter I tried the sf jelly but I have never really been a fan of jelly so ended up throwing it away..! I do love ff total youghurt with sweetener it's like ice cream!! Havent tried sweetening quark!! By the way I'm pretty sure it's called "Queso crema" in Spain but double check please! I was just reading through ur thread and amaaaazballs! I can't wait to be in ur shoes one day :) enjoy ur holiday in Spain- I would kill for some sunshine! xx

Scooter I found quark in Spain. Handily labeled quark x

Hi Maddie, welcome. I don't get to do the exercise either, but I try to make sure that anything I am doing, be it housework, gardening etc., that i try to make it a bit more 'frantic' if that makes sense. For instance this morning, doing laundry, I had allthe clean clothes folded in a deep basket, so instead of just bending for the next piece, I was actually doing a 'squat' to get it. One at a time. When hanging washing out, only take one piece, walk back and forth for each piece. More walking LOL.

I have Wii Just Dance and a Vibration Plate so they both help when i get the chance. I'm still losign weight and as i get lighter, hopefully I will be more able to do the amounts of walking i need to do .

as has been said, definately stick to 1/1 PP/PV. I enjoy PP days, but I do like my PV days as I love salads.

One big thing, plan your week in advance. Even if its just what meats you are having and then on the day you know to get it out of the freezer and won't be caught out.

dukanfatty said:
Hi Maddie, welcome. I don't get to do the exercise either, but I try to make sure that anything I am doing, be it housework, gardening etc., that i try to make it a bit more 'frantic' if that makes sense. For instance this morning, doing laundry, I had allthe clean clothes folded in a deep basket, so instead of just bending for the next piece, I was actually doing a 'squat' to get it. One at a time. When hanging washing out, only take one piece, walk back and forth for each piece. More walking LOL.

I have Wii Just Dance and a Vibration Plate so they both help when i get the chance. I'm still losign weight and as i get lighter, hopefully I will be more able to do the amounts of walking i need to do .

as has been said, definately stick to 1/1 PP/PV. I enjoy PP days, but I do like my PV days as I love salads.

One big thing, plan your week in advance. Even if its just what meats you are having and then on the day you know to get it out of the freezer and won't be caught out.

Thanks dukanfatty I sure needed to plan my day today as I ended up having mince prepared in oil!! I get what you mean with housework, I do try to hit the gym as well but I also have a job where I'm up and running a bit, plus I do walk from London bank station to and from work which should take 15min each way but I legg It so bad that I get there in 8min (sweaty of course!) planning to walk all the way from Waterloo tomorrow (that's what I will have to do during the olympics anyway! Time to get used to it!)

xx

Welcome and good luck maddie, good advice there, be prepared is the most useful to me x

How come you've got to do that, is cos they are closing some stations for security. Not fair on residents.

Its definately worth planning eh. Good for you on the fast walk. I don't mind walking, its just that I don't like the walking to nowhere, and I find I end up walking too fast and not naturally. I'm hoping the summer hols will give me an excuse to walk with my daughter, even if its to the park each day, to feed the ducks LOL.

dukanfatty said:
How come you've got to do that, is cos they are closing some stations for security. Not fair on residents.

Its definately worth planning eh. Good for you on the fast walk. I don't mind walking, its just that I don't like the walking to nowhere, and I find I end up walking too fast and not naturally. I'm hoping the summer hols will give me an excuse to walk with my daughter, even if its to the park each day, to feed the ducks LOL.

I hear ya! I wish I was one of those ppl that say "a run/walk clears my head" when I finally have some spare time all I want to do is get in my pyjamas and cuddle up next to hubby with a nice cup of coffee!! But I need to change! Dukanfatty I don't think the lines will be closed but they are urging for ppl to try to walk as much as possible as crowding is expected! To be honest the system is so bad already I dread to think how commute will be during the olympics! Hey at least I'll get my daily walk :) lol

Maddie like the cuddling up, better than the exercise ;-)

sididd said:
Maddie like the cuddling up, better than the exercise ;-)

For sure! But today I moved my lazy ass to the gym actually! Had so many things to do today that I didn't get to eat until 5hours after gym....that obviously resulted in me having carbs as I was invited for dinner elsewhere....had some rice and also some chocolate..... :( I feel sooo naughty now!

oh no, put it behind you now and go forward to tomorrow. LOL

Maddie, just pp for a few days drink plenty....and find your inner willpower fairy lol

Snapped bk to dukan, just made me realise that unless I'm fasting I SHOULDN'T let hours pass between each meal!! Time to get some serious results!!

xx

Last edited:
Back