Dulcolax ...

reluctant_whale

Guys. Im scared :eek:

Basically .. without going into too many details ive not been able to go to the loo for over a week, ive drank tons of water, taken husks, magnesium, and even had some prune juice (so carby!!). My stomach feels like (looks like) I am expecting and is rock hard! I am not in pain but feel "sick" Like on that advert when she is throwing more and more food into a a bag and it is filling up and rotting! Also woke up with insane acid the last few nights .. feel as if my food isnt digesting ..

Anyway, ive taken a dulcolax (just one as too scared to take 2), popped into Boots on the way home from work - wanting to try Senna but the pharmacist said as I had not been for such a long time this one was more powerful.

So .. I took it 3 hours ago and lets say no movement .. but I am dead scared all of a sudden im going to explode like a rocketman ! haha.

Anyone else taken this? I do understand any kind of laxotive is a last resort - and im feeling pretty daft for taking it now!

RW x

I've never tried laxatives...but Thorntons diabetic toffee has a nuclear effect on me...so I rely on that as and when I feel I need it :)

Keeping drinking loads of water and let it do it's thing - you dont want to overload with laxatives:eek:

Agree that if spinach and water doesn't work then i have been known to resort to choccies (sf of course!)

Ive taken one ... (5 hours ago .. so far .. erm, nothing ) so if it continues to do nothing I shall eat some spinach tomorrow! I have drunk my body weight tonight .. so fingers crossed ....! :)

dulcolax is the gentlest and most effective in my opinion. (which might just count a bit as i am a nurse lol!)

it won't make you 'explode', but will work in due course. best time to take it is night time, should move you in the morning.
i myself have a packet in the drawer for such times !

Read my latest diary entry!!! Don't touch Epsom Salts!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am a dulcolax fan, but I find things start moving in the morning only after I've eaten, it's like the 'handbag' can't cope! Lol!

They aren't violent, like you might think they would be ;)

Love dulcolax!! Wish I had shares! Lol x

I feel your pain! Am in the same boat! I have also taken laxative and am waiting for the result.

Funnily enough, it took reading your post and thinking of advice for me to remember that 1g vitamin C used to work wonders in that department. Am going to see if i have some now!

Hope you feel some relief soon x

I had this problem until I started drinking a Chinese tea called "Feiyan Tea",(Google it) it's meant to be a slimming tea but I have to admit I haven't lost any weight on it, Shame!!! There are 6 version of it but I have tried 1 and 2 and I prefer version 2. I just have a cup after my dinner at night and it works in the morning. You have to drink it without milk but you can sweeten it. At first it tastes a bit unusual but you get used to it and works wonders. I buy it on line (I paid £6.90 for 40 tea bags, it was this price as I bought 10 packs otherwise it's a bit more), but be careful about buying it too cheap as there are plenty of fakes. You can also buy it at Chinese stores.

Hope its help the situation now, I'd be too scared to take more than 1 too

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using MiniMins

I think I need to try some of this. Before Atkins I only went once a week and even then it was hard to do. Since I've started low carbing I'll be lucky if I can go at alll, maybe every 8 or 9 days.

It doesn't make me feel ill or anything and my stomach doesn't hurt but it is slightly bloated (like it usually is) but since I'm losing weight my tummy is shrinking.
Obviously this isn't good for me, but when I went to the doctors last year about it and had a blood test it all came back normal. Laxatives don't work on me, I drink at least 2-3 litres of water a day but still nothing happening!

Back