Dumplings????????

soon2bslimmer77

know it's along shot as they are made with LARD lol but does anyone have a sw friendly recipe for dumpling have searched but my search brings up everything unrelated!!!! am making a beefy bean stew and would like to make some to go with it! Thanks in advance xx

The veggie lard will be less I guess. I have a recipe for dumplings in a sw cook book - I'll have a look, wont be free though will be less than normal

Ignore what I said about lard - I use suet anyway and that what Atora do the veggie version in

Have checked the Atora suet and its 8.5 for 25g of veg suet and 10.5 for 25g of beef suet

BUT I found the recipe I was on about in a WW book and here it is.

60g sr flour (9.5)
1/2 tsp baking powder (1/2)
3 tsp marg (3)
60g crustless granary bread made into breadcrumbs (7)
1/2 tsp thyme (free)
2-3 tbsp water

Sift flour and baking powder, good pinch salt, rub in marg. Mix in breadcrumbs, thyme and pepper to taste. Add water and mix to a firm dough. Shape into 4 balls. Stick them in your stew for 20 mins (with a lid on)

So thats 20 syns for the full recipe but is supposed to serve 4. I've made these years ago and they were nice but slightly sweeter made with the marg than the suet

omg that is a great idea i used to make a gnocchi bake when i was doing ww

There is a recipe in the new magazine that includes dumplings and I think they use the Auntie Bessie dumpling mix. Might be worth having a look at the recipe :)

Back