Dying for Crunchy Frustrated food - Mealpack Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by kimmer, 9 February 2008 Social URL.

1. kimmer

kimmer Member

Could just murder something nice and crunchy now - just got documents back from Home Office applying for permission to get married here, and it hasn't been processed. Apparently someone made a typo entering my card payment, and they decided it wasn't valid. Rather than trying again, they simply sent it back (it was valid, I kept a copy and just double-checked it). I hate it when things like this happen and there is just nothing that can be done about it other than suck it up and do it over again!!

Can anyone tell me what I can do to one of those Lighter Life toffee or lemon bars to make them crunchy, if anything?

K

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. silhouettes

silhouettes Silver Member

cut them into slices and cook them in the oven for a couple of minutes, makes them into biscuits :)

4. kimmer

kimmer Member

5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    You can also make crisps out of your soups....there is a recipe link in the STICKY section!

6. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Also, I have been cutting 1/2 bar of the lemon or toffee bars up into sort of 1/4" chunks and mixing them with half a packet of shake, then cooking in 800w microwave for 1 minute 40 seconds, and they whole thing gets crunchy around the edges like a proper cookie. If you use a whole pack its like cake. :)

7. kimmer

kimmer Member

Excellent ideas - what I ended up doing was putting the whole thing in the microwave, letting it puff right up and collapse again, then sticking it in the freezer long enough to cool it down. It went chewy/ crunchy and was lots and lots of work to get through, which is what I needed. I never thought of cooking the bars before!

K.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.