Easiyo Yoghurt-is it ok? Does anyone use it?

Hi Sarah, never used the Easiyo so i can't really help. I use a lakeland yogurt maker, yeo valley starter yogurt, skimmed milk powder & skimmed UHT milk. Bung it all in overnight & a litre of yogurt the next morning is produced :)

Hi Sarah, never used the Easiyo so i can't really help. I use a lakeland yogurt maker, yeo valley starter yogurt, skimmed milk powder & skimmed UHT milk. Bung it all in overnight & a litre of yogurt the next morning is produced :)

That's EXACTLY what I do! 1L of UHT Skimmed (extra-value brand) and 1 TB of skimmed milk powder. Comes out a bit watery but I just strain it through some muslin in a colander of a couple of hourse. Greek yoghurt at a fraction fo the price! And after the first lot you can use your own yoghurt as a starter for the next batch, and only buy another pot of yeo (or other active probiotic plain joghurt) to start from scratch again when you feel your current batch is not working right any more. This usually happens to me if I leave the yoghurt in the maker for too long, I now set my kitchen timer to 8hrs to remind me to take it out and that works best for me..

I tried the home made stuff with skimmed UHT milk but it didn't work so good, the packet Greek easy yo stuff was better. But lazy me just buys 0% total and blow the budget.....

Aldi fat free yoghurt is gorgeous - 55p for a big tub and it's made by the lovely fellas at Yeo Valley (not organic though).

So beautifully mild and creamy. Delish! :D

P x

Back