Easter Sunday... uh oh....

tommee2004

Right - possible dilemma...

Sunday my family are going to see my grand parents up in Birmingham, who are Italian.

Now I have not seen them since Christmas, and managed to put off going up until now. Obviously they do not know I am doing this diet.

A sunday at "Nonna's" normally consists of arrive, kiss, sit at table, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, drink, eat, eat, eat, eat, oh its Tea Time, eat some more, eat some more, and then drive home....

You get the picture, so this Sunday I will be going with my food packs, and have tested my will power up until now, and have survived. I won't let this ruin it. NO WAY. whatever anyone says, there is no way I will eat anything other than my LL food packs.

I will obviously get a huge kick of motivation from them, as they haven't seen me since I was touching on 20 stone! So now, at 15 1/2 I think they'll be shocked!!

Oh well, thought i'd share it with everyone, and ask if anyone else has any dreaded family visits on Sunday that may make their day of LL-ing that little extra harder....

Right - possible dilemma...

Sunday my family are going to see my grand parents up in Birmingham, who are Italian.

Now I have not seen them since Christmas, and managed to put off going up until now. Obviously they do not know I am doing this diet.

A sunday at "Nonna's" normally consists of arrive, kiss, sit at table, eat, eat, eat, eat, eat, drink, eat, eat, eat, eat, oh its Tea Time, eat some more, eat some more, and then drive home....

You get the picture, so this Sunday I will be going with my food packs, and have tested my will power up until now, and have survived. I won't let this ruin it. NO WAY. whatever anyone says, there is no way I will eat anything other than my LL food packs.

I will obviously get a huge kick of motivation from them, as they haven't seen me since I was touching on 20 stone! So now, at 15 1/2 I think they'll be shocked!!

Oh well, thought i'd share it with everyone, and ask if anyone else has any dreaded family visits on Sunday that may make their day of LL-ing that little extra harder....

SNAP I also have this to deal with on sunday. We are invited to a bit of a do at the MIL`S. We have to be there for 12 for dinner (roast):sigh: , then by tea time it will be all sorts of buffet type food. Oh I forgot to add the alcohol too. There will be food on tap, anyway I am going to be fine....will picture a new slimmer me by this time next year...whilst they all get bloated and hungover.

We can do it, we will get through the day because we are strong.....Good luck hun xx

Good luck to you both on Sunday, and good luck to all who will have to try very hard to resist the lure of gorgeous chocolate eggs and Easter Sunday feasts...

Not a morsel will pass my lips....!
Thats a good idea about taking notebook.....but hubby`s lot will take it the wrong way.....you are expected to take part in everything, you must dance if they decide to, eat if they want to and if you are not drinking fast enough they get upset about that too......weird...? or is it me???

Anyway they know from christmas that I am on lipotrim and they especially SIL are stunned that I have stuck to it for so long.

hang in there! Sounds like it will be tough for you both, and no doubt others who are seeing family etc! As sonkie says just picture the end result!! Will be thinking of you & do come on if its a struggle & you can, someone will be here!

Things like this are akin to torture for me!
Today we had the big Easter gathering at Mum and Dad's. 12 people stuffing their face on roast lamb and hocolate pavlova all around me. The smell of the food was unbearable and then to top it all off my great aunt (she's 92 so we pretty much let her do what makes her happy!) decided she wanted to make homemade sausage rolls. OMG the smell nearly killed me. I survived by coming on here and reading lots of success stories. I will not cave in.

Tomorrow evening I have a party to go to with a dreaded buffet and Sunday it is roas lamb (again!) at the in-laws.

Still, at least I don't have to cook for three days!

Good luck to you all - temptation is strong but we can be stronger I reckon!

Things like this are akin to torture for me!
Today we had the big Easter gathering at Mum and Dad's. 12 people stuffing their face on roast lamb and hocolate pavlova all around me. The smell of the food was unbearable and then to top it all off my great aunt (she's 92 so we pretty much let her do what makes her happy!) decided she wanted to make homemade sausage rolls. OMG the smell nearly killed me. I survived by coming on here and reading lots of success stories. I will not cave in.

Tomorrow evening I have a party to go to with a dreaded buffet and Sunday it is roas lamb (again!) at the in-laws.

Still, at least I don't have to cook for three days!

Good luck to you all - temptation is strong but we can be stronger I reckon!

Wow well done on your determination and super strong will power.....We have all got to be strong, just think how you will be looking this time next year....we will all be the belles of the ball.

How about this not only is it Easter Sunday but its also my Birthday !. Oh well two hard days over with in one go I suppose.I have numerous trials in line this weekend. Just got through trial no one, Birthday get together with 'the girlS' a group of close friends going back yonks. All very supportive, but hey these gals like to eat and drink, this is how we always celebrate. Persuaded them we should do something different went to the theatre did the 5.30 performance (clever this as it was over a meal time ) . Then I invited them back to mine where I had homemade soup and warm foccacia waiting for them, (bit tempting !)and I could sit down with them with my foodpack soup, wine in crystal wine glasses for them sparkling water for me, and table looking lovely so everybody happy. They have now gone, washing up done, and I survived , still had fun, and diet not broken.
Remember Tommee its you they want to nurture thats what Italians do best, and when they see you looking so much slimmer they will be so pround and I'm sure they will make a fuss of you in some other non food way.
Lots of luck to you, if all else fails you tell them you have the stomach flu, doctors orders not to eat!
Cx

Hey tommee
well i have a bit of the oposite dilema to you really, we usually have the big famuily meal thing at my mums, she does the big roast and buffet tea, so when she hadn't mentioned it i said 'whats happeneing at easter then'
her reply, well we are not doing it as YOU cant eat it
wow thanks for that mum, making me feel like im putting everyone else out by doing a vlcd?
nothing like your dilema actually but thought it kind of fitted into the theme here:rolleyes:

Just wanted to say, you will be fine, and well done on your weight loss so far, your pictures look great xx

Good luck to you all with your Easter celebrations, luckily I should be okay tomorrow as we're staying home - I think we're out with my in laws tonight though as they're down from Scotland, so I'll be sat in a pub with them all while they all eat and drink and they don't know I'm doing this either!

Cath

Good Luck to everyone with their Easter challenges! Just keep thinking of the end result and you will be fine :) I will be at home for Easter as my parents live in New Zealand so a little far to go for dinner :D Luckily my partner is very supportive and he has taken over cooking for himself.

Hope everyone has a great holiday :)

Samanthat

My widowed Dad asked if me and mine wanted to join him for an Easter roast at a local pub, along with my (blinkin horrible, misery of a..) younger sister. He did not know about me and LL, despite having lost nearly 3 stone (thanks Pa), and when I explained it, his reaction was that he could not eat whilst I had water and coffee, therefore the family get together wold not happen. He now prefers to take his companion out for lunch instead. So, next I offered to do a high tea for them all. Homemade easter biscs, cake, homemade bread, salmon & cucumber... that knid of thing. No, because after a lunch out he wont want to eat.

Now, he has two grandchildren who may or may not see him, according to if it is over a meal time or not. I also have a single, miserable sister bitching on about how Pa always does stuff for me, Easter is a family time, blah blah blah. My OH might want to see his Mum, why the heck shouldnt he? She always cooks a fab Sunday roast, so he might as well take the kids there. I might go, but as I not told them either, I dont want to be hassled with a barrage of questions as to why I cant eat, and how ridiculous it is. (Beleive me I KNOW my inlaws, that is exactly what would happen.)

So now I am utterly p****d off. My stomach isa rumbling like theres no tomorrow, and I am almost in tears. Why is eating so bl**dy important to everyone. Why is my company not enough? I am getting blamed, by my own family for them not having a get together, just because I wont eat to please them. (And they are the ones who have so often nagged about my obesity..)

I want to eat. I am in tears and just cannot do this anymore. Please help me.

Sarah, these are the problems of your family not yours. Let's be blunt here, your dad I've got to say is putting himself first and that's what you have to do, think of yourself. As for a bitching little sister well they're just fit for ignoring at best. Please don't let the insensitivity of others be what drives you to eat, you've come so far and you should be so proud of yourself ---- please do put yourself first.

(((hugs)))

Cath

Reactions: Sez
Aww big hugs Sez! Dont eat...just imagie the "knew you couldnt do it comments" that you'd get (sounds like your family would say this...am I wrong?). At the end of the day if they cat be supportive then it may be best for you to keep your distance for a while and if they're that dire then I would take full advantake of a wee break!! YOU CAN DO THIS!! Just focus on getting through today...re the hunger I suspect that this is emotional hunger you are feeling rather than physical. Hope you resolve this for yourself but huge hugs meanwhile!

Reactions: Sez
Tommee, ISOM and Cath,

All I can say is a huge thank you. I got through last night. It was very very hard, but I managed it. We took the children, another family and theirs, on an Easter Egg hunt locally, I just strolled and chatted with our friends, whilst the four kids ran wild and loved it. I spent a long time explaining LL to my friend, who was lovely about it all. At the end, we reached the gorgeous tea-room. i asked for a cup of hot water, and popped my peppermint green tea bag in it!! (always carry a few with me..)

Later, these same friends asked if we wanted to get a chinese take away wit them, but they were worried about me. I stressed I was fine, so without a second thought they all went ahead. We sat in the garden round a heater, all seven of them ate their chowmein, crispy duck or whatever, and the adults had mulled wine. TBH, it was torture, but I got through, and was happy I did. (Mushroom soup is def not egg fried rice tho' LOL)

Today, the scent of chocolate fills the air, combined with the fragrance of bacon and eggs that I cooked for their breakfasts! My water and coffee went down ok. :(

I am still feeling pretty sorry for myself, and not happy about feeling so pathetic, but the upside is that, this far, I have not cheated at all. (Unless you count actually holding chocolate to my nose and inhaling deeply.)

I hope I can turn my mood around, and snap out of the doldrums. I will write some thought records to keep me going, and then I intend to potter in the garden all day. (ignoring the little sister from hell...)

Thanks again guys, and Have a great Easter to you all!!

lots of love

Well done Sarah its so hard!

In a way the families that put off their get togethers perhaps thought in some weird way they were helping. Of course it just makes us feel like our company is not enough, but perhaps its worth considering thats not how it was meant?

Those people out there, those people who don't have problems with food. People who stop when they are full and probably won't eat again for hours later, those people who have no idea the temptation we are under constantly and have no idea how awful we sometimes feel about ourselves...... they don't know how to behave around us, they don't know the best way to help us, and obviously from the experience on here they make the worst possible mistakes!

I'm not excusing them, only trying to help negotiate some understanding. For the most part (bitching sisters aside lol) our families do love us.

Stay in touch with those who don't understand, but see them only when you have to. Turn your attention to those who are willing to understand and support you, even if they don't agree with what you are doing. I have a friend who thinks this diet is mad, but she still supports me. Proper friend that! stated her opinion and her support in the same sentence almost!

Then afterwards, we can return to seeing the others more often, but I do think it is important we never go back to our old ways. We should NEVER have to eat to please someone.

Happy Easter everyone! lets just get through it together!

Mags
xxx

Sarah you did so well, not only to get through what you were feeling but also to get through it and still have a sociable evening watching people eat and drink. You have shown great determination and you should be proud of yourself for that and so should your family and friends ..... I'm proud of you and I don't even 'know' you!

And remember there's no calories in smell :) Have a lovely Easter.

Cath

Back