Green Day Easy Mini risotto cakes

jaspercat2002

Apologies if this as been posted before but i can't find it anywhere and I have had so many lovely inspiring recipes off this site that I wanted to pay a bit back :)

I wanted something new to take on picnics/packed lunches for work that doesn't include bread and these have come out really really yummy and were so easy!

1 pack of Riso Gallo Risotto pronto (I used mushroom but there are a few free flavours you could use)
60g parmesan
Black pepper

Cook the risotto according to the pack instructions and allow to cool. Mix in half the parmesan and seaason with lots of black pepper, then spoon into a muffin tray sprayed with frylight. (I made 12 in a silicon tray) Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan on the tops then bake at 200 for 20 mins.

They taste lovely hot or cold and 6 of them are 1HEA on green or EE.

Am going to try wih homemade risotto next time I make some and also thought I might try leaving out the parmesan and pushing a cube of mozzerella into the middle of each one and hope they will taste a bit like the ones prezzo used to have. You could also mix in peppers, tomatoes etc

Mm I like the sound of this, will give it a try, thanks x :)

I bought one of these risotto boxes but am unsure are they free? I have the mushroom one too. Thanks! X

Risotto Pronto, Mushroom, dried, 100g dryFree17½Free
The asparagus, saffron and sundried tomato ones are also free on EE and green but the cheese one is 1/2 a syn per 100g dried.

Oh my. Just had these for my lunch, they're AMAZING! :drool: They tasted so, so synful! :eek: Reminded me of eating somethign covered in batter from the chippie!

I divided it into 6 as thats the only cake tin I have. They're REALLY filling, I ate half with a big salad to make it one HEX. I was full after 2 tbh so I ate the other one a bit later as a snack.

Divine! :drool:

7002104706_8d723a8da4_o.jpg

Oh my. Just had these for my lunch, they're AMAZING! :drool: They tasted so, so synful! :eek: Reminded me of eating somethign covered in batter from the chippie!

I divided it into 6 as thats the only cake tin I have. They're REALLY filling, I ate half with a big salad to make it one HEX. I was full after 2 tbh so I ate the other one a bit later as a snack.

Divine! :drool:

They look yummy. I have been meaning to make them but have not got around yet. I will definetly make them now that I have seen pics.

These look really good, want to try them, has anyone made them in a traditional muffin tin or only silicone? If using metal are they hard to get out? X

Mine was a tin one, I lined it with foil and sprayed liberally with Fry Light and they came out easily.

ermintrude said:
Mine was a tin one, I lined it with foil and sprayed liberally with Fry Light and they came out easily.

Thanks Ermintrude, I must try these as sound gorgeous x

OMG they look fab, they will make a change from breakfast quiches I make. Off to Asda to day to get some pronto !!!

Back