Easy veggie lunches on EE plan

LaurenJade23

Hi everyone, I'm a veggie and I've just started the EE plan, has anyone got any nice lunch ideas I can have at work?

We have a microwave so I can reheat food if need be :)

The only thing I really don't like is mushrooms..

Thank you!

:)

X

Check out the Lunch ideas sticky in the recipe sub-forum or there is a huge "Whats for Lunch" thread in the main SW forum :)

Hi everyone, I'm a veggie and I've just started the EE plan, has anyone got any nice lunch ideas I can have at work?

We have a microwave so I can reheat food if need be :)

The only thing I really don't like is mushrooms..

Thank you!

:)

X

If you're veggie I would really recommend switching to green days - you get an extra HEA and HEB - I'm also veggie (about to go vegan) and started SW on EE and didn't feel too good and my losses weren't great so I switched to green days and now feel much fuller through the day and my losses are better now too.

Thank you :) can you still eat quorn on green days?

Yes, absolutely - plenty of quorn, potatoes, pasta, rice, veggies, lentils, beans etc :-D Green days rule :-D

My favourite lunch to make in the morning for lunchtime is Couscous with mixed beans (you can get them in tins) or maybe feta cheese and a big salad to go with it. Then a yogurt and some fruit for after.

Plain couscous is FREE and you can add herbs and spices of your own to give it more flavour. However, other packets of couscous e.g. Ainsley Harriot and own brands do have Syn values, depends on the packet as to how much.

Yes, any supermarket will do it. It's really cheap and all you do is add boiling water and cover it for 5 minutes. So quick and easy!

I use cous cous regularly, but also quinoa and buckwheat which is similar but just as quick and a slightly different texture, and throw in anything and everything I have.
Im having quorn fillets marinated in yogurt, tandoori powder and garlic and cooked under the grill with buckwheat salad with jalepenos, chopped cucumber toms, red onion, chopped peppers & coriander with lime juice squeezed over today. It took about 10 mins to put together whilst I was preparing tea last night.
I also take smaller portions of leftovers from meals the night before. Pasta salads or pasta with sauce concoctions, soups with ryveta & cottage cheese/egg/tuna. fish (salmon,tuna,sardines, mackeral prawns etc) with home made pot salad, pre-cooked baked pots to heat at work with beans/cheese/chilli beans; frittata, rice based salads, cooked cold quorn sausages with salads .... hope these few suggestions help :0)
Everyone at work is always very interested to see what I have in my lunch boxes as I take little pots with dressings and sides which they find facinating next to their sandwiches & bag of crisps ;0)

Back