Eat dinner before class?

kirsty_baird_26

Gold Member
Not been to class in a month as gran took a big heart attack and i needed to help out most nights so missed classes.
Rejoining tonight, wiping slate clean and starting afresh with no history think i need it as a fresh start as aint been able to lose too well.
Question is, my class is at 7pm normally have dinner about 6ish should i have it before i go?
I didnt used to but always ended up snacking at class perhaps a hi fi bar or something but never counted syns (Bad me)
I always ate normal rest of the day before class but would have dinner after class but decided i think i should have dinner before i go to reduce eating rubbish.
So do you guys eat before you go to class or after?
I wont get in till nearer 9pm so thinking of eating each week before class is best idea as it will be consistant each week?

I think its a great idea will certainly keep the need for having something junkish at bay. and even though you may weigh in every week, eating before shouldn't hinder your losses not if you stick to it each week! x

My class is at 7.30 and I always eat dinner before it. I just make sure to have it every week and so far I've seen a loss! I defo think it's the best way as it means then that you aren't using up your syns on stuff that wont fill you and can use them on treats instead :)

kirsty_baird_26 said:
I think i will stick with it and eat before i go and hope i still manage a loss each week!! Just interested to what others do.

As long as you get into a routine and always do the same then in reality it won't matter x

I think what ever works best for you. If you do eat before class, maybe choose something lighter and avoid pasta etc? Or have a big meal at lunch and a small meal before weigh in?

I just have a low syn snack before weigh in and eat when I get back I eat my main meal. However I prepare all the meal before I go so its just a matter of sticking it in the oven, that way I know I won't go off plan. Last night we had syn free beef burgers and chips after weigh in. I do give my self a treat weigh in night though, my treat was the bread roll as I had already had porridge that morning. I don't count it but I never have my full sins in the week.

I go to weigh in at 7pm on a Thursday...I have always eaten dinner before I go to class at about 6pm (as I do every other night of the week!)...I've lost every week (so far!). People at class think it's a bit strange because I'll be heavier...but as I point out...I do the same every week so at least I am keeping it consistent every week...and like you said, I'm not sat there snacking on hifi bars or curly wurlys like they are! It's worked for me...hopefully it works well for you too! :)

I think what ever works best for you. If you do eat before class, maybe choose something lighter and avoid pasta etc? Or have a big meal at lunch and a small meal before weigh in?

I just have a low syn snack before weigh in and eat when I get back I eat my main meal. However I prepare all the meal before I go so its just a matter of sticking it in the oven, that way I know I won't go off plan. Last night we had syn free beef burgers and chips after weigh in. I do give my self a treat weigh in night though, my treat was the bread roll as I had already had porridge that morning. I don't count it but I never have my full sins in the week.

I guess its whatever works i know what i said before but the preparing the meal before weigh in so you don't go off track is quite a good one too.. i just think eating before your more likely to have it healthier! x

I guess its whatever works i know what i said before but the preparing the meal before weigh in so you don't go off track is quite a good one too.. i just think eating before your more likely to have it healthier! x

I really don't think I personally would do as I plan my weeks meals in advance including weigh in nights. I choose 7 meals and just slot them in where ever so it would be the same meal whether I ate before class of after, I have to do this to stay on track and also to avoid wastage as we are on a budget. If it was before class I would be speed eating as I wouldn't have time to eat it and digest it properly. Also I have never eaten before class even on the first week. And I wouldn't sit and eat in the class either, the only person who I have seen eating in class was a almost at target member!

I go to weigh in at 7pm on a Thursday...I have always eaten dinner before I go to class at about 6pm (as I do every other night of the week!)...I've lost every week (so far!). People at class think it's a bit strange because I'll be heavier...but as I point out...I do the same every week so at least I am keeping it consistent every week...and like you said, I'm not sat there snacking on hifi bars or curly wurlys like they are! It's worked for me...hopefully it works well for you too! :)

LOL - Loving the curly wurlies comment! A few of our lot nibble on hi fi bars but not seen any curly wurlies yet x

When I attended class it was at 6pm so I would eat after the class.

Given your pass experience your suggestion of having dinner before your go to your meeting is a good one. This, as you stated would help you to avoid snacking before your normal dinner time.

The main thing is to be consistent with whatever you decide to do.

Good luck :)

I take my dinner with me! I get in from work about 6.45 and have to leave just after 7 for group so I always knock up a quick stir fry and take it in a Tupperware box to tuck into after I weigh at 7.15. About half the group bring their dinner with them now, its usually a good conversation piece too as we can share recipes and see the dish there.and then!

Back