Extra Easy eat more lose more

oasis6918

Gold Member
This has prob been a discussion many times before but I wouldn't even know how to search on it, do you find that as long as your sticking to plan you lose more on the weeks you eat more and feel like your constantly eating? Opinions would be greatly received x

Hi i certainly find this to be true. Normally when i eat like a horse I get a good weight loss between 3 and 4 lbs but this week i have hardly eaten anything ( including my syns) and i stayed the same...... So back to eating like a horse for me this week lol

I do personally, but I think that has more to do with my mental approach to dieting than the actual diet.

For example- on days when I'm not prepared and forget lunch I will starve myself all day then eat a helluvalot for tea. So I'm eating a massive tea at around 8pm, not doing any movement to burn it off or digest it. Whereas, on a good day I eat little and often throughout the day and tend to have a smaller evening meal- it could be the same meal as on a bad day but I exercise better portion control and don't gorge myself.

Also, on unprepared days I may eat less but I guarantee the snacks I have will have a higher syn value or will be processed (processed food has a massive effect on my weight loss). So I may stay within my syns but I tend to have a less appetising meal because it's syn free and then I want to snack all night!!!

From a scientific point of view, I was once told by my GP that every time we eat our metabolic rate increases. If you eat consistantly and healthily throughout the day (like 1 carrot baton every 15 minutes) our metabolism is constantly working so we burn through calories quicker. I don't know how true that is, but I have heard similar reccomendations (for example, my MIL was told this- she has an underactive thyroid).

So I don't know if it's true or not, but I certainly enjoy feeling full and losing weight :D

Yes I agree. The weeks that I eat a lot of right food, I lose more. I am dreading this week's WI on Thursday as for the past few days I have not eaten enough. I do not know the reason, just was not hungry. I suppose I have a few more days before WI so I am going to eat loads of superfree from tomorrow again to speed up my loss.

I work 3 full days a week , leave the house at 8.30 & back in at 6, on these days I eat nothing much all day , maybe a banana , a yogurt & sometimes a bar , I will eat a normal meal in the evening but I am wondering if rather than helping its hindering me ?
I thought that 3 days with a very small calorie intake would help but I am now thinking its not !
Anyone else had a similar experience and did eating more help ?

I do find that the weeks I think I've eaten like a horse I tend to lose more, though I'm not entirely sure why. It may be because I tend to be low in my syns generally (old habits die hard) and eating more means my body gets the right amount of calories and therefore doesn't feel the need to hold onto things?

I don't really find this, but then I usually eat a lot anyway, haha - I find that since I've been on SW, apart from a couple of poorly planned days, I'm only hungry when I should be (eg. half an hour before dinner) and never absolutely ravenous.

So if I eat more, it tends be because I'm snacking out of boredom rather than hunger, and obviously that's no good for weight loss!

I'm happy to read this because I've spent all day yesterday eating :) Still within syns for the week though and snacking all day today on fruit (no lunch break at work) hopefully WI tomorrow will be positive :D

i dont really understand - people have said before that i am not eating enough but surely the point is you eat til full? How can you eat like a horse etc if your full up? i have had 2xslices toast with bakes beans, 1 tangerine and a chicken cold meat salad - should i be eating more? is that not then a cas of eating for the sake of it?

debtin said:
i dont really understand - people have said before that i am not eating enough but surely the point is you eat til full? How can you eat like a horse etc if your full up? i have had 2xslices toast with bakes beans, 1 tangerine and a chicken cold meat salad - should i be eating more? is that not then a cas of eating for the sake of it?

Eat til you are full is the correct way to go about it- obviously gorging yourself unecessarily will not help you lose weight.

I would consider what you have eaten as a tiny portion Debtin- I could never get away with just a tangerine for my lunch!

P.S- Debtin, your beans on toast for breakfast doesn't include your 1/3 superfree if you are on EE, be careful with that one!

debtin the idea is to eat until you feel full and must never to force yourself to eat. Some people have a big appetite as others do not. The other thing is when people say they have eaten like a horse we do not really know how much they have eaten (as someone else said unless they post pictures of their food). I eat a lot of fruit, veg (e.g 1 banana, 3-4 apples, 6-8 satsumes, 2 oranges, a large pomegrante, 1/4 pineapple) and cook proper meals now. Initially I ate big portions and ate whenever I felt hungry but after 5 weeks I have noticed my appetite has shrunk. This weekend I did not eat much as I did not feel hungry and skipped a couple of meals (I consider that not to be good so in the next few days I will eat more vegetables).

Just eat as much as you feel satisfied.

You are all making me feel so much better for all the times my boyfriend mutters "thought you were on a diet" when I pop back to the fridge for more fruit. I don't eat unnecessarily, I have a VERY big appetite :(

snowwhite85 said:
You are all making me feel so much better for all the times my boyfriend mutters "thought you were on a diet" when I pop back to the fridge for more fruit. I don't eat unnecessarily, I have a VERY big appetite :(

Nothing more likely to send you off the rails than a "know it all " boyfriend , my ex husband was just like that , " should you be eating that" !!!i wanted to smack him !!!
Luckily I have an amazingly supportive boyfriend who also has a large appetite and is really enjoying SW , he's lost 14.5lbs do far and enjoys large meals & lots of snacks , he will never comment on what I eat as he understands the diet !
I would get him to try it for a week even he doesn't need it , then he can comment !!!

Remember , NEVER JUDGE A MAN UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED TWO MILES IN HIS SHOES , THAT WAY WHEN YOU JUDGE HIM , YOURE TWO MILES AWAY AND YOU HAVE HIS SHOES !!!

Ha ha. The shoes line has really cheered me up. I think it's because he has seen me try and fail so many times before. He doesn't understand the whole "everything in moderation" thing. Oh well, I'm just looking forward to showing him the results :sign0151:

Eat til you are full is the correct way to go about it- obviously gorging yourself unecessarily will not help you lose weight.

I would consider what you have eaten as a tiny portion Debtin- I could never get away with just a tangerine for my lunch!

sorry for the confusion. That was breakfast, snack (tangerine) and chicken cold meat salad was lunch. since then i have had sugar free jelly with pineapple but I am full up. Sometimes i eat maybe pasta for lunch or have porridge for breakfast but this keeps me going. I was just worried i should eat more to lose more but if i eat as much as i can then there is nothing else i can do i suppose - thanks. Oh and i cant face fruit so early in morning and time is limited with my child and getting out the house - just as breakfast was made (and in hurry) he woke up arghh so it was scoffed as quick as i could. Not sure what else to do with breakfasts as i am fussy with breakfast!

sorry for the confusion. That was breakfast, snack (tangerine) and chicken cold meat salad was lunch. since then i have had sugar free jelly with pineapple but I am full up. Sometimes i eat maybe pasta for lunch or have porridge for breakfast but this keeps me going. I was just worried i should eat more to lose more but if i eat as much as i can then there is nothing else i can do i suppose - thanks. Oh and i cant face fruit so early in morning and time is limited with my child and getting out the house - just as breakfast was made (and in hurry) he woke up arghh so it was scoffed as quick as i could. Not sure what else to do with breakfasts as i am fussy with breakfast!

I am the same debtin- I've always struggled because I don't like tomatoes and I can be funny about mushrooms. I went through a phase of frying cabbage in with my garlic mushrooms but obviously that's not possible on most work days when you are in a rush etc. I've started having a piece of fruit first thing, but I'm not the keen, I have to force it down :boohoo:

Call me a naughty tweaker, but I mainly do ee and I do go through periods where I don't eat any superfree with breakfast (although I do eat it religiously with my other meals). I don't think it's really done me any harm, as I did manage to lose 5 stone last year doing 99% ee days.

That said, I do tend to have cereal and milk for brekkie, so my portions are controlled by being hexa/hexb sized - I think that if I had a cooked breakfast every day without superfree that would definitely have a negative effect on my weightloss.

cheeselover said:
Nothing more likely to send you off the rails than a "know it all " boyfriend , my ex husband was just like that , " should you be eating that" !!!i wanted to smack him !!!
Luckily I have an amazingly supportive boyfriend who also has a large appetite and is really enjoying SW , he's lost 14.5lbs do far and enjoys large meals & lots of snacks , he will never comment on what I eat as he understands the diet !
I would get him to try it for a week even he doesn't need it , then he can comment !!!

Remember , NEVER JUDGE A MAN UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED TWO MILES IN HIS SHOES , THAT WAY WHEN YOU JUDGE HIM , YOURE TWO MILES AWAY AND YOU HAVE HIS SHOES !!!

Wow this was like I'd written that! My ex husband was the one always asking if I should be eating that, whereas my boyfriend is currently in the kitchen cooking us a stirfry! I'm dreading half term week as I'm taking my daughter to see my parents and my dad is the same - 'u can't eat that on a diet', 'not another Orange', 'that much pasta isn't good for you'd etc. Can't believe how bad he and my ex used to make me feel.

Back