Eat Natural Bars & 9 Bars

Hi, I looked at the ingredients for the Eat Natural bars and I personally wouldn't choose them. In addition to puffed rice (with added sugar) they have glucose syrup, honey, and a lot of dried fruit in them.

I've had 9 bars as a snack before but only when I needed a 'substantial' snack (i.e. it was 8 hours between lunch and dinner and I was having a snack in between) as they're quite high in calories, and only when there wasn't a better option available to purchase, as they still have added sugars (but not things like the rice and fruit to raise the GI even more, and the high seed content balances things out a bit better).

When I have eaten an Eat Natural bar in the past, my impression is that it spiked my blood sugar much more than the 9 bar did (based on how 'buzzy' I felt), so in a pinch I'd choose the 9 bar. If available, though, Nakd bars are a better choice (in my opinion anyway).

I agree that the eat natural bars are too high in sugars. I tried lots of bars and the best for me are either the Nakd bars or Carmans range of bars.
The Nakd 68g bar does me fine for a lunch at a pinch if there is nothing suitable where I am or if I am in a rush. The smaller ones make a good mid morning or afternoon snack when out and about. I always keep a couple in my bag.
Carmans are an australian company. We only get them in a few shops here in Ireland. So I don't know their availability in the UK.

The Eat natural bars are yummy, but far too high in sugar. I also recommend Nakd bars and also Fruitus bars too, which are simply oats and fruit are 5 GLs each.

Skerry that's interesting, the only fruitus bars I've managed to find are just pure fruit (bit like fruit leather in bar form), I didn't realise they did another type. I'll have to keep an eye out for the ones with oats in!

Back