• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Eat slowly

KD

Gone fishing
I'm a fast eater. Always have stuff to be getting on with:rolleyes: The word 'chew' is hard to find in the KD dictionary.:eek:

For me though, when I eat slowly I am much more aware of what I'm eating. I might eat just as much but sometimes it keeps me going longer because the memory of having it is still there.

To be honest the calories are the same whether you chew it quick or cut it into minute bits and put your knife and fork down inbetween.

I always remember reading that it takes 30 minutes for the brain to receive the full signal, therefore I would have caned my dinner by that point and be on Minimins :)

Mike

KD

Gone fishing
I always remember reading that it takes 30 minutes for the brain to receive the full signal, therefore I would have caned my dinner by that point and be on Minimins :)

Mike
That's a man for you:rolleyes: I would have eaten dinner, been on minimins, done the shopping and a full days work. Even probably fitted in the days exercise, a chat with the kids, and my whole nights sleep.

Multitasking is the key :D

Well, I eat VERY slowly. I am ALWAYS the last person to finish a meal, no matter what.

I do find, that after 20 minutes as they say, I am full and I am satisfied.

HOWEVER - I continue to eat. Because I am addicted. Just as an alcholic carries on drinking till the bottle is empty, even thought they were comfortably numb well before. I think now, the slowness has turned more into savouring food - to get more enjoyment out of it (fix), then for allowing my brain to receive signals. Unfortunately.

(It's nice to finally have a place where I can admit - I am addicted to food. :(:eek: phew.:sigh:)

If i had control, by eating slowly I do believe I would eat less.

Last edited:
So most of you would say that there is no difference whether you eat slow or not. I have heard that you should chew each bite about 20 times. But acutally this is sometimes really disgusting I think :) But nevertheless it is probably better as Karion Dieting said because then you are much more aware of what you are eating.