Eating because its time or eat because you are hungry ??

sixstoner

I woke this morning and went through my normal routine, measured my milk, weighed my cereal ect. I was about to eat it when I realised I would only be doing it because it was breakfast time. I was not hungry at all! I put it to one side and decided I would eat it when I felt hungry. It is now almost lunchtime!

It got me thinking I always do this, I eat because it is time to eat. I am going to try to listen to my body and only eat if I am hungry.

On the other hand I have read that breakfast is important and starts your metabolisim going for the day and that you should eat small meals often to keep it going.

But I have also read that people who are naturally thin are that way as they tend to use food as fuel and fuel their bodys when needed.

I am confused and think I should stop reading.

What do you do?

Maybe if you feel like your not that hungry just have a piece of fruit for breakfast rather then your usual cereal, just so your having something and then have the cereal if you get hungry later

I would do as above post said. Best to have something at breakfast, but if you are not hungry, don't eat a lot just beacuse its breakfast time. I'm usually hungry when I wake up, but sometimes I wake up and think i don't want anything, so just have a banana or something.

I eat when I'm hungry ... I get my breakfast when I'm hungry anyway! Sometime I'm have a brew first then I'm full! If I have made a meal plan and have already put something on for breakfast and don't end up eating it then I may have it for supper (when I could eat and eat)then I still have had my three meals! I couldn't eat when not hungry .... I'd be eating all the time ;) lol

I also only eat when I'm hungry :) HOWEVER, for years I used to skip breakfast and then I'd eat snacks etc all evening. Since starting SW I've cut the evening snacks out (which I was eating when I wasn't really hungry) which now means I'm hungry for breakfast and look forward to eating it!

abkb said:
I also only eat when I'm hungry :) HOWEVER, for years I used to skip breakfast and then I'd eat snacks etc all evening. Since starting SW I've cut the evening snacks out (which I was eating when I wasn't really hungry) which now means I'm hungry for breakfast and look forward to eating it!

I have tried that one as it makes sense ... But for me it doesn't work I'm hungry in the evening whatever! Boo! I just am never hungry when
I wake up although
I quite often enjoy breakfast at a v late 11 o clock

i started trying this week to pay more attention to my body rather than just eating because it is time to. I have still been having my breakfast, but at work where i have automatically been eating on break jsut because it was break i have not. its not too much of a problem as i can eat at my desk so just eat when hungry. its the same with my lunch i can choose when to go with in reason so that not a problem. i have surprised myself with how long i can actually last before wanting to eat!

I am rarely that hungry in the mornings - but now I always eat breakfast. Usually just some cereal & a chopped banana. I find that if I don't eat breakfast, I'm not that hungry for my lunch either, and then am ravenous in the evening and eat like a pig. If I do eat breakfast, though, I look forward to my lunch and eat well - it really kick-starts my metabolism. So breakfast is now a must for me!

Thanks everyone, well yesterday turned out to be a good day. Lunchtime I was hungry so I had Lunch, Tea was normal but then on the evening I was hungry again so I had breakfast. I felt much better knowing the evening eating was fine and not just because it was evening if that makes sense.
Will be trying to only eat when hungry for the rest of the week.

Back