Eating before or after exercise?

evilpenguin

Not evil at all
Hi folks

If you exercise, when do you eat? I'm asking because today I done my 2nd day of the 30 day shred before I had eaten anything, so afterwards I had my lunch and now I feel quite sick! Should I have waited an hour or so before I ate, or should I eat before I exercise? :confused:

What do you guys do?

I'm having to cast my mind back 25 years to when I used to play squash, and eating was definitely out for me until a good or so after finishing as it would make me feel very sick!

x

You should have a light meal 40 mind before exercise, so a banana and a yogurt or a bowl of cereal, then something to eat when you finish preferably with protein to continue the calorie burn, so a ham salad or egg salad, or if its breakfast bacon and eggs. Try not to exercise on an empty tum as you need to kick start your metabolism anyway!

You should have a light meal 40 mind before exercise, so a banana and a yogurt or a bowl of cereal, then something to eat when you finish preferably with protein to continue the calorie burn, so a ham salad or egg salad, or if its breakfast bacon and eggs. Try not to exercise on an empty tum as you need to kick start your metabolism anyway!

Thanks Shirleen, I will definitely do this tomorrow. Will boil some eggs tonight so they're ready & chilled in fridge, no faffing about! :D

I usually exercise early evening and have something light such as yoghurt, fruit and an options hot choc about an hour before exercising. But I could never eat straight afterwards, so I drink a couple of glasses of water whilst preparing dinner and then find I'm ravenous within about an hour

Thanks Shirleen, I will definitely do this tomorrow. Will boil some eggs tonight so they're ready & chilled in fridge, no faffing about! :D

Clever...why have I never thought of this before?

I eat a good while before the 30 min shred. As in, an hour or so. By this I mean something small- a banana. Then about an an hour after I have something proper. If I eat too close to it I start gurning halfway through :sign0137:

Clever...why have I never thought of this before?

I eat a good while before the 30 min shred. As in, an hour or so. By this I mean something small- a banana. Then about an an hour after I have something proper. If I eat too close to it I start gurning halfway through:sign0137:

You know, I completely forgot to boil them lol. I'm up early tomorrow anyway so I can boil them before I head out:D

Ugh, that was me, I opened my yoghurt and after the first spoonful my stomach just turned:(

When I get back to college next week I'll do my exercise in the evening a couple of hours after dinner, and on weekends/days off, I'll do it after a light breakfast - sorted:)

I eat a banana as I get ready which is a it naughty as it's only 20 mins before, as I like to go early morning, I need to eat as soon as I get home though!

As a gym goer every night i always have my food before i go (normally a hour before) i try and watch my size of meal and what i have..... Normally some meat and a small amount of veg.... Then out the door, can be gone for 3/4 hours depending on which classes i am doing...... Normally i get home and have a bath if im peckish i have some fruit or just a options hot choc as a treat then its bed time........ Be carefull not eatting before you go as you might over eat when you get home or be tempted to grap something on the way home. I took a couple of days for my body to get into a route with this but now i miss my tea if its not at 5 lol Also it is good to feed your body with some energy before a class so that you can work harder.... Ive been going to the gym for 4 months now and love all my classes and have lost 3.5st in that time...... If you put hte time and effort in you will be rewarded :) :)

p.s if im working from home in the day i try and have a cooked meal for lunch then a snacky type tea (Last nights was 2 x bacon 1 hexa cheese some crap sticks and a slice of ham (picky food as had a good lunch))

Hope this helps

x

I don't like to eat too much to close to exercising as I think it would make it harder/me uncomfortable.
I eat when am hungry after exercising but like to try and make sure the first thing I eat is fruit or something really healthy as I read something somewhere about your body holding onto the foods you eat.
This seemed to make sense to me but then you can read anything about anything lol :rolleyes:

I prefer to eat about an hour before I go, a normal meal fro whatever time of day it is, and then have yogurt and fruit if I am hungry when I come out.

Back