Eating clean on Slimming World - any advice?

Dietninja

Mostly plant based
I've just restarted SW tonight, and I want to see if it's possible to eat mostly clean (saving processed foods for the occasional treat).

I intend to try and use most of my syns for foods like avocado, olive oil, nuts & seeds etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any tips we could share. I'm struggling to find an info thread on this.

The two tips Ive found so far are:

- weigh your food! 1/2 an avocado is listed as 7 syns, but I obviously had a small avocado as weight wise it was 5.

- liberte 0% Greek yoghurt with honey contains no sweetners etc and it's only 1/2 a syn for a pot.

Any other tips? Thank you!

I think it would be one of the easiest eating plans to follow using the clean principles

Am going to hunt that yogurt out

I agree, SW should be really easy to do if you're eating clean. As a healthy eating plan I have found it to be the one that most encourages cooking from scratch with fresh, clean ingredients. I batch cook lots of things from fresh so I have my own ready meal supply!

I'm not a processed food fan anyway, I don't often eat ready meals or ready made sauces, never eat margerine or sweetener, and don't really like "diet foods" like the diet biscuits and all the weight watchers stuff. I haven't even tried the SW ready meals yet lol. The only things I eat like that are mullerlights, WW sausages and Alpen light bars. I never struggle as a result, or miss them, I find SW really easy.

Last edited:
Im restarting sl;imming world tomorrow in a group for the first time (done it on line previously)

Anyway, I was going to say that I had some really good losses just before Christmas combining SW and clean eating, with the odd down day thrown in for good measure.

As most people say I found SW and eating clean very compatible.

I stirfry in coconut oil - 2 syns for a teaspoon. I also use Groovy Food Co. cool oil to make dressings - very expensive but good source of omega 3, 6 & 9 (important as I'm veggie). 7 syns a tablespoon.

What exactly does "eating clean" mean? Not cooking it/ eating food in its raw/ natural state? Not adding preservatives, etc?

For me, it means eating food that is has as little processing as possible. Close to its natural state. Butter rather than margarine, honey rather than artificial sweeteners etc.

So I use an olive oil spray rather than frylight etc. there's obviously still some processing but a lot less in cold pressed olive oil and no added chemicals.

I don't eat mugshots, muller lights etc. but for me this is 80/20 so the occasional (completely processed) treat won't kill me, and may help me stick to it longer.

I like this, from 'Clean Eating for Dummies' - 'Eat whole foods rather than processed foods. Whole foods are foods that haven’t been tampered with, in the lab or the manufacturing plant. The foods you eat on this plan are straight from the farm: whole fruits and vegetables, whole grains, grass-fed and free-range meats, low fat dairy products, unsalted nuts, and seeds. Processed foods are any food that has a label. A label means that more than one ingredient was used to make that food. You don’t have to eliminate all processed foods (like whole grain pasta or natural cheeses), but if you can’t pronounce an ingredient on a label, don’t put that food in your shopping basket.'

I'm not clean eating at the moment (too much dependence on Frylight and Philadelphia lol), but I'm seriously thinking about moving in that direction as it seems to make a lot of sense health wise

Back