Eating disorders!

Purpleangel

Silver Member
Right guys - is it just me or are people warning you lot as well that we are going to develop an eating disorder???

Its really starting to piss me off as i have never had an eating disorder in my life and i am not even a healthy BMI!!!!

The negativity is starting to make me angry - not to quit (hell no!) but to tell people where to get off and not politely either!!!!

Oh yer iv been told thousands of times that im DEFFIANTELY going to get aneatig disorder and that body morphosis or what ever it is...

no i wont.. cos im fat.. i obviously love food haha

xxxx

I know what you mean - people nagging in your earhole.." Dont do it for long its not healthy - you gotta come of it sometime" Im just like obviously!! Grrrr. Maybe if they bothered to think about how you feel when you are so low that you need to do this diet they might understand.
Rant over :D xxx

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY BLOODY GOD! My mum and siser are telling me that I'm going to develope anorexia! they're saying that I'm going to get so obbsessed and all that rubbish. And I'm still in the overweight range!!!

Thats because you feel guilty kirsty and ashamed that you had a little blip. Its not good to do that but its understandable..just rethink before you go to eat something. Obviously you're probably thinking because you cant eat you feel like you really need food its just your mind - aslong as you dont carry on with it you should be alright. xxx

A friend of mine has done LT as well and she has overheard negative comments from people at our university (we're both mature nursing students). They were soo sickly sweet to her face saying how well she looked, but they didn't realise that she overheard what they really thought. They want her to put back all the weight and more on top, how bloody nasty. She didn't say anything to them but I don't think I could have contained myself, I'd have had something to say.
Anyway it's down to jealousy, the negative comments, people want a fat friend, it makes them feel better, and by losing weight they are now out of their comfort zone. Well tough, we are all doing this for ourselves, we don't have to report to anyone, we don't like being overweight and we certainly are not going to remain overweight to make our friends happy, for once we are taking charge and achieving something wonderful. Each week when more weight drops off we are becoming more and more empowered, and dont dare let any skinny minni who has never been fat in their life change your minds .
Ok rant over, xx

It is easy to develop an eating disorder, I suffer from bulemia ( have been pretty much ok for the past year.. A few issues ) I say suffer because it never really goes away...

It is easy to fall in to the trap though... And I have to admit at the moment I dont want to eat again...

Everyone just has to be really careful x

:( girlies thats really worried me hearing u both say that...

please please please try an think about what your doing... before u hurt urselves xxxxxxx

It is easy to develop an eating disorder, I suffer from bulemia ( have been pretty much ok for the past year.. A few issues ) I say suffer because it never really goes away...

It is easy to fall in to the trap though... And I have to admit at the moment I dont want to eat again...

Everyone just has to be really careful x

Well said. I think to get in the position im in ( very over weight ) I think I do have somekind of eating disorder. I think I will have it all my life and I will need to seriously watch what I eat forever. Thats fine, ive accepted that im not like my 8 stone sister who can eat what she like and not put weight on. Im dealing with it my way and I know whats best for me! :)

Aye my mum keeps saying this to me, but in a sad way I think she's kinda right. I had a disorder before this diet in which I ate, everything and anything. Now I'm obsessed with keeping food down to a bare minimum when I do eat, when i've eaten too much I have comtemplated being sick... it's not too bad at the moment but i'm scared it's going to get worse when im eating again:(

I dunno, most people on lipotrim are obese.. therein have an eating disorder ( except those who have illness perhaps, thyroid or disability).... the chances of someone who has over eaten all their life to suddenly become anorexic or bulimic because they have reached a normal body mass is fairly slim(scuse the pun).. in fact more often than not the same over eaters go back to over eating thus having a different disorder, comfort eating, and pile the weight back on...
liportims refeed and maintenace is designed to teach you how to eat again... after the overhaul of tfr.... Most people do not understand ketosis... and once you are out of ketosis hunger does come back .. ketosis effects the brain and tells you you are not hungry.. the minute i was out of ketosis my hunger came back with a bang... u think tfr gives people the confidence to know they can control what they eat.. its funny how people see skinny folks and cite eating disorder, but not people who are obese... never mind them anyway... people react badly to change and also when some people see you are gaining control of your life they have a negative reaction xxx

I dunno, most people on lipotrim are obese.. therein have an eating disorder ( except those who have illness perhaps, thyroid or disability)...

I always think that. There is a great chance of some disordered eating patterns otherwise we wouldn't get big in the first place.

I've had BED (Binge Eating Disorder) for most of my life (hopefully in remission;)) I do think dieting probably triggered it in the first place, but I can't blame the VLCD. I think any diets can give us a disordered way of eating. Having said that, I knew I had to diet first to sort out the weight issues, so I could then concentrate on the BED.

I suppose you could say that for me a VLCD actually helped me find an answer. Though I did a lot of head work of my own, the VLCD gave me the confidence and strength to do it.

BUT, as a CDC, if I had a youngster come wanting to do the diet, I would want to be really convinced that normal healthy eating patterns/exercise had been tried first.

Not because it's a VLCD, but because it's a diet.

I dont know that lipotrim could make you develop an eating disorder unless you have deep issues with food anyway( some would say every overweight person has but i dont think so). I have always had problems with food from being a teen and very underweight to being bulimic for years then finally being a compulsive over-eater. I think for people like myself Lipotrim is a good way to get completely away from the food issue and have a really good think about the way in which we view and use food. It is easy to become obsessive, like the fact i weighed myself twice during the night last night!! but i think so long as you can recognise what you are doing and seek help if you feel things are out of control then you will be ok. Being honest with yourself and confiding in others, like this forum helps keep things in perspective.

cawisu xx

i have always been very very self conscious about my weight (even when i was thin).

I did try the bulimia route when i was 14 - and for sure it was to do with emotions rather than feeling fat. I like to punish myself at times.

Thing is i am 28 - and these people don't really 'know' me, for example my husband doesn't think i am going to become anorexic - he knows i love food!

I think i will tell people where to get off in the future! And i know they are expecting me to pile it all back on - haha as if!

I must admit guys, that after I got to goal, the thought of eating carbs scared me!! I went out for my first meal with the other half and I put a piece of potato in my mouth and felt myself gag as I began to chew it. I love potatoes, but my fear of carbs has remained really. I suppose its not a bad thing....but if someone already has eating disorders I can see how doing VLCD might not help. Only my opinion.x

Back