eating extra calories burnt at the gym??

ALB1993

if I burn 500 calories in the gym does that mean I can eat an extra 500 in the day to maintain my weight ? Can the extra 500 be what ever I want ?

If you're trying to lose weight, don't eat it back.

Yes you can. However I used this rule for losing extra weight via more exercise. I used to follow a system with my wii fit when I first started using Slimming World again and any syns I had I would burn off on the wii fit and it would result in me losing about 3-4 pounds a week instead of 1-2.

If you're trying to lose weight, don't eat it back.

This isn't technically correct. If you're already eating at a deficit you should consider eating some back to ensure that your net calories don't go to low.

I probably wouldn't eat the full 500 as unless you're wearing a heart monitor it's probably inaccurate, but if you're eating at a deficit already then I'd probably eat maybe 200 extra - but then again that would just cover my after gym snack! So it's not like I can gorge on something yummy!

This isn't technically correct. If you're already eating at a deficit you should consider eating some back to ensure that your net calories don't go to low.

I probably wouldn't eat the full 500 as unless you're wearing a heart monitor it's probably inaccurate, but if you're eating at a deficit already then I'd probably eat maybe 200 extra - but then again that would just cover my after gym snack! So it's not like I can gorge on something yummy!

Sorry, I was lazy and didn't go in to detail but the post I quoted is correct.

Back