eating healthy without a real kitchen

Unreality6794

I weigh about 215ibs, im 5'11", and 18 years old. I live in a tiny apartment that doesnt have a kitchen. all i have is a toaster, a fridge, a microwave. ive been trying to lose weight but im unsure about my options for dieting as i cant cook real food. i have cut my soda consumption almost completely and i try to buy lots of fruits and certain microwaveable vegetables, but im not sure what else i have for options. eating healthy is an important part of weight loss, so any suggestions on what to eat would be great. :cool:

Hiya
Just thought I'd add a few ideas I didn't have a kitchen for a good part of last year as we were having our kitchen gutted which took longer than we thought it would!!, ideas are:
Baked potato (excellent in the microwave) with cottage cheese/beans/tuna etc
Soup (fresh, ready made)
Beans on toast
Uncle Bens rice sachets
Steamed cous cous (boil kettle and pour over cous cous in a bowl with stock cube/herbs and cover) serve with tinned sardines etc
Smoked mackeral with microwave rice
Scrabbled eggs (lovely in microwave) with smoke salmon
Sardines on toast
Noodles (cooked in microwave with pre cooked prawns and veg
You can add veg to all the above most supermarkets do great steam in the bag veg nowadays.

These are just a few ideas, Betterware also do some really good microwave cookware and sells these bags to steam veg, fish etc in the microwave.

Good luck! I found it really hard when I didn't have a kitchen and tended to have more takeaways than I should have (still dealing with the after effects now!!)

Back