Eating more than ever - is that right?

Day 1 today and it feels like all I have done is eat, I think maybe I'm doing this wrong!!

Can anyone help me out? I'm doing it alone at home with books I have borrowed.

It would be really helpful to have someone to talk it through with and bounce ideas off, so I know I'm on the right track, help each other out etc.

Hello, Welcome to the forum! I'm quite new too so just getting to grips with everything. Will you be sticking to extra easy, green or red plan or alternating?

It is amazing how much you can eat on plan! what have you had so far today?

xx

Hi, I will probably be swapping between red and green with a few extra easy mixed in too (can I do that?) just so I don't get bored as that is usually when I give up.

I don't usually eat meals though, I tend to pick and snack and before I know it all the crisps, biscuits, chocolate, cakes etc in the house are gone, I'm rushing to the shop to get packed lunch stuff for the children and wondering why I feel sick and my clothes are too tight!! And then do it again the next day.

I have eaten meals today though and I feel like I have eaten for the whole street

I have had

B - 2 bananas and a glass of milk
Mid morning - an apple
L - a whole punnet of strawberries and a miller light yogurt
D- steak with a jacket potato with laughing cow triangles

It just seems so much but I'm not sure if that is because I'm used to picking, a bag of crisps here, a couple of biscuits with my coffee (every cup - and I drink lots of coffee so a packet didn't last long,)

How are you finding it all?

Yesterday's food sounds good! and actually you got through very few calories (I know S.W. doesn't count them) so you're sure to lose weight if you stick at it!

I'm like you and could happily just snack on chocolate and crisps and not eat real meals- I have issues with binge-eating so this goes out of control a lot! I'm happy with the way S.W. encourages healthy eating, I did weight watchers for a while and just carried on eating lots of chocolate and crips and counting them in points but I think maybe it's more helpful if we switch to healthier habits!

I guess you could still snack all day or eat 5 small meals per day on slimming world provided you ate small portions of free foods rather than snack foods!

If you do feel like some chocolate curly wurlys are 6 syns, mars bar ice creams are 6.5 and slimming world make a rocky road cereal bar which is 3 syns or you can have two S.W. bars for a healthy extra!. I also sometimes have wotsits or skips which are low in syns or a rich tea biscuit, which I think is 1.5 syns (sometimes having a packet around is too much temptation tho!!).

I'm not actually sure about red days yet so I've been sticking to EE or green- I prefer green for the double healthy extras!

What are you planning to have today?

Also just noticed that you're not far off being a healthy weight/BMI so it shouldn't take long to get to goal! xx

I am a bit of a binge eater too, I can go all day without really eating anything much then the evening comes, the tv goes on and the food comes out!! I could quite easily eat a couple of days worth of calories while watching one film, which I got to the point I was doing every night!

I did WW too and did exactly your same thing, worked out the points for all the biscuits, chocolates, ice cream and crisps I was eating instead of changing my eating habits.

sW has definitely changed my eating habits for the better, it's really strange that I used to cook very healthy meals for my children then sit and stuff myself with junk food after they were in bed, at the time it never occurred to me that my body required the same goodness from food as the children's did - I knew, of course that I needed the goodness, but it never occurred to me that all the junk food was detrimental to me in the same way it would be for my children. Not sure if that makes sense, it does in my head but not sure if it has come out making sense lol

How many syns am I allowed? I have borrowed books from a friend and they just say that the person running the meeting will tell me how many syns to have.

I had a red day today and I must admit I didn't get on with as well as I did the green days, I think I will probably stick the mostly green days form now on in, I definitely prefer green days. I haven't tried an EE day yet, I think I need to look through my book again to get myself familiar with the EE, I'm not wet sure what I'm supposed to be doing wit that one.

I have been keeping myself extra busy the last few days to stop myself picking at bits so hopefully on Thursday when I WI I will have a loss and I will have done loads of the odd jobs that have been hanging around waiting to be done - double bonus!!

How have you been getting on in the last couple of days? :)

Back